Music on my phone

Hi all,

I’m wondering how to list and access the music on my phone from Volumio? I have a Samsung S9 running android.

I know how to play the music to Volumio using Bubbleupnp app but want to integrate it.

I control Volumio from my phone and have lots of music on it but it doesn’t seem to recognise or scan it.

Thanks for any advice and help.

The Volumio database is designed to search locally attached and network attached storage when assembling your library. This doesn’t include ephemeral devices like phones which move in and out of the network.

As an example, if you did have music indexed from your phone then those tracks would not be available to your family when you are out. Also playing the music through Volumio when you were in would drain your phone battery.

If you want to play music from your phone then you can play via UPNP, airplay (if you have an Apple device) or Bluetooth (if you have a Volumio license). Another option (assuming that you have the rights to do this) would be to put the music files from your phone onto the local storage of your volumio device.