Mixer Type reverts back to "Hardware"

I’m setting Mixer Type to “None”, found under Volume Options. But after some time it reverts back to “Hardware”. Is this a bug in the Volumio software?

1 Like

I’ve seen this happening, but only after “non clean” shutdown of the rPi.
Like pulling the plug etc.

Ok, I see. I usually turn my rPi4 off with the switch on my surge protector, along with all of my stereo equipment.

1 Like

That’s seems to be the problem. You should turn it off via the UI

1 Like

This is happening to me since moving to 3.378. It’s possible that it occurred on an earlier build, but I do not remember seeing it before. Hopefully it is fixed in the next release.

1 Like

When pulling the plug anything can happen. Loosing the setting is not as severe as corrupting your SD. As this is also possible,

@volumio developers, could this setting be saved so it doesn’t revert back to “Hardware” Every other setting is saved, but not this one.

@volumio Is it possible that this setting, “General Playback Options → Volume Options → Mixer Type → None” doesn’t revert back to “Hardware”?

As @Wheaten suggested did you try shutting down your Pi from the User Interface before pulling the plug each time ?

Yes, this works. But every other setting is saved, but not this, when turning on the switch on the plug. Can’t this setting be written when selected, and loaded on start up?

@MrOtto
So everything works properly, and settings are saved when you shut down before pulling the plug.
This is how you supposed to do things. Most if not all operating systems require shutting down to avoid corruption or default settings on restart.

Off the top of my head, going on how other OS’s work, when pulling the plug, with out cleanly shutting down first, you trigger an unsafe shutdown on restart and any hardware gets redetected and default settings applied.

To avoid these issues you really should get into the habbit of shutting down the system first.

But every other settings I save is saved, and does not go back to default. So why only this setting?

@MrOtto
Off the top of my head again, that setting is to do with hardware, you trigger an unsafe shutdown on restart and any hardware gets redetected and default settings applied.

I really would stop worrying about it and get into the habbit of cleanly shutting down first. Its not that inconvienient … is it ?

Still no explanation why this setting is not saved like the other settings.

You’ll get no explanation. You decide to pull the plug instead of logging off. This is the result of that action.

Closing this topic.