Mini pc intel and Display Touch

Hi,

Does Volumio work correctly when installed on an Intel mini PC (x86) combined with a large 12.6" display (1920x515)? Is there an x86 version of the Display Touch plug-in?. For example, Does the display in Windows work correctly when setting the resolution and the orientation in the NVIDIA control panel, with Volumio how to act?

the X86 version does not need the Touch plugin, because the kiosk mode is already part of the standard image

Does this mean that if i install the Volumio on a N95 mini pc and connect the 12.6" touch display it will be recognized well and work exactly like in my DIY Raspberrty PI4 project?, Whatever the resolution and whatever the monitor, without drivers?

if the driver for your N95 and for your Touch Display are included in the Linux Kernel, it will work without installing any plugin

and in case it does not work, could you give us the brand and model of the display in order to check whether a kernel option was left out?

I have 2 type:

1. 8.8 inch HDMI IPS Portable Display P88-T 480x1920

2. 12.6 inch Type-C IPS portable Display P126GPT 1920x515

both from Aliexpress

The model 1) Has printed on the manual 4 strings text code to add at the end in the confing.txt of raspberry Root Directory

Model 2) recognized directly from Rasberry OS

Both displays are recognized directly in Windows 11/10 (need set the rotation and resolution), very simple with Nvidia tools

The fact that some hardware works with Windows is never a guarantee that there is support for linux on x86, so skip Windows as a reference.
But, considering there is PI support, there could be support, hence the need for brand/manufacturer and model please. Some Aliexpress type numbers do not help here. Unless someone else can identify the screen with it, happy to check the kernel configuration afterwards.

Unfortunately this is all the information I got about the original pakage. In my opinion these hardware are always the same, because there is no signed brand.
I might try to read the hardware ID from the Windows system device in the control panel tools. Could be it useful?

yes, definitely useful

From Windows ( pannello di controllo/gestione dispositivi/Monitor) 12.6 inch ID Hardware:

MONITOR\IPS0001

For 8.8 inch display:

From Windows (pannello di controllo/gestione dispositivi/ Monito)r:
generic Monitor YX Display

ID Hardware:
MONITOR\YXS8888

I googled “yxs8888”, no clue yet.
No kernel config parameter equals “yxs8888” or “P88-T”

could you please provide &PID and &VID values?

No PID or VID values in ID Harware for these devices

Ok, got it.

if you already have the displays in your hand, the easiest thing to do is just try them with Volumio, you can flash the image on a USB stick and boot from there on any PC

Dear Dario, thank you for your continued support.
My question starts from the need to identify the shopping list of components for my new DIY 2.0 project. The first one you can observe among my first posts in this section of the forum and it is based on Volumio and PI4. The first question I have to answer is whether Volumio + PI4 is the best solution in terms of audio quality, robustness and stability of use, associating an external USB DAC (SMLS DO300 Balanced, or Topping DX7 pro). At the moment Volumio and Pi4 do not seem to meet this requirement. In fact, due to the ALSA problem that occasionally occurs (probably due to the DIGI + pro hardware, but it cannot be excluded that a card like ALLO DIJONE may be affected and plug-ins, such as Youtube which no longer work after the last update.
My project necessarily includes a digital audio output for older amplifiers that only have that input and the Touch Display, of which I have 3 models. 7" installed on my first DIY, an 8.8" and 12.6"
At the moment I don’t have a miniPC yet, but only a couple of laptops that I work on and that I can’t compromise… So before buying the miniPC (most likely Alder Lake N100) I would like to be sure that with Volumio it can handle the TOUCH that I will decide to use. (I’m focusing the design of the new case around the more performing 12.6"). Today I tried with Picoreplayer and PI4 and I gave up because I realized that the Display can be configured (not well) and only from touch and not from a web terminal , forcing each test to restart.With the 7" Raspberry Display the screen is never clean with rows of pixels from top to side, and for all resolutions tested.

you can use one of your PC/laptop for testing the touch display on X86… if you boot from USB, the onboard system won’t be compromised, unless you select the “install on disk” option.

I don’t know how significant a test can be with my Notebook that has already connected a HD Display and 2 GPUs (intel HD630 and RTX3080 16Gby) A Mini PC has only one GPU and no display. With Windows it is a breeze to manage a dual monitor and 2 GPUs with different resolutions. With this Linux repository for x86? I need to get myself a mini PC. If the test doesn’t work I would never know if this is due to the presence of another monitor with preset resolution, or to which of the GPUs What tools is present in Volumio x86 to set the display and the new resolution? Is it necessary to edit the configuration text file? Setting up a Linux system has never been friendly.