Important notice to all Volumio 2.xxx users, firmware update needed!

Yes

Just replace the /etc/ssl/cert/ca-certificates.crt with this one (root login to do that)
Works fine on my system : tweaked volumio = impossible to update !

ca-certificates.zip (132.3 KB)

1 Like

That will not solve the issue, there is another required fix in the ota.

1 Like

Hi, since i did the last update , 2.915, Volumio cannot access my network driveā€¦it was working just fine before the update.

@aseg
Thank you - works fine now.

Thumbs up! Tidal and Qobuz are back to work. Because I use it only for this two streaming services I cannot say anything regarding other issues.

No offence - but I would be a bit wary of using arbitrary ca-certificates bundle. It would be more transparent if you outline the process of updating ca-certificates.conf and running update-ca-certificates.
Also, this still doesnā€™t fix the issue for Nodejs as it needs specific instructions to use these updated certificates.

Iā€™d just use the provided Volumio patch update to be safe! :slight_smile:

Hi, My volumio just hangs whit this update. i can stream Spotify 2-3 songs then i need to restart my raspberry to be able to connect to Volumio. I have tried to reinstall sportify plugin, but to no better result.
Am i alone whit this issue. Have only 2 plugins Spotify and Philps hue.

2.915 update has resolved the certificate issue with Tidal playback. But Radio Paradise FLAC stations in the plugin still does not play. I still get the expired ca-certificate error. Tried deleting the Radio Paradise plugin, rebooted Volumio, reinstalled the plugin, but still does not work. However, playing Radio Paradise FLAC stations from the Web Radio list works.I prefer the RP plugin as it displays the album art. Can you help please? I run Volumio on Allo USBridge.

you have to update to 2.916. Radio Paradise works with it :wink:

Thanks @balbuze. When is 2.916 available for RPi?

1 Like

i got it on Fridayā€¦?

I was really worried about having to reconfigure everything again for hours and reinstall plugins after the update - but I can confirm: Everything still works after the update! At least with me (PI4, Allo Boss, 3.5ā€™ā€™ touchscreen) - everything works perfectly again!
Thanks!

Why do you need to reinstall plugin or reconfigure after updating?

Because on a previous update (donā€™t remember the number unfortunately) I lost everything for some reason. I was just afraid it would happenā€¦ And all the more pleased because this time nothing happened. Normally I am rather a friend of ā€œnever change a running systemā€ā€¦

Never lost anything, even on test mode (beta versions). The stable versions are always good.

Donā€™t do it! The update killed one of my last remaining Voluio piā€™s.

Maybe you had a bad experience (but you give no details of your problem), but please donā€™t simply said to not updateā€¦ It is required to access online services.

Did you install some specific plugin? Did you install the updated touchscreen UI?
Can you provide more info?

I have the Pre Box S2 Digital DAC for 2 months. Previously I had the Topping E30 and for a year I have had no playing problems.
Since Volumio version 2.909 and now 2.915 (Volumio Virtuoso), I have random stops playing. Sometimes a few seconds other times more than 1 minute. Any suggestion? Thanks