How do I implement dsp for 2.1 (full range L and R plus sub)

I am hoping that this discussion might result in the implementation of 3 channel DSP which I hope is of interest to the community.

I want L+R on one USB out to DAC for full-range, and mono sub on second USB, I want to create system-wide crosover at 50hz with hignh pas and fir filters for fullrange, and lowpass for sub.
Since the RME DAC is only 2 channel, that leaves the sub to be connected with Minidsp or similar. Here is my cut of a block diagram. Has anyonr done this or is interested in this or could offer suggestions. The key issue is whether I could create a pipeline in Camilladsp to accomplish this while feeding 2 USB connectors. Clock synchronization is an issue.

Hi Toni,

I think the current implementation of FusionDSP (@balbuze ) is limited to stereo.
there are some multichannel USB sound cards but I do not know if Volumio might access more than two channels at the same time.

The only way I could see a potential solution is to inject I2S stereo signal in some multichannel DSP card and make the channel separation + FIR/IIR correction on this DSP chip with some external software to program it.

I am afraid that within RPi/Volumio alone, it is dead.

Cheers,

Benoit

Exact and not exact…
FusionDsp is optimised for stereo but provides a pure CamillaDsp gui too for advanced users.
You can set as many channels you need but on the same multichannels DAC
No limit in this case!

Thank you all. I’ll pause for a bit on this. I have some technical background but this is stretching too far for me I think.