Help needed to test Spotify plugin with Oauth

Work perfect to me!
Great!

Works great! Thank you!!!

@skikirkwood, obwiously I also don’t have “Genres & Moods”, “What’s new”, “Featured playlists”, and most importantly “My playlists” working properly (list of playlists is uploading, any specific playlist - not), but everything else works fine, which is not perfect, but quite cool already :smiley:
So, still many thanks :wink:

If you grab the latest version of the plugin index.js file and plug in your refresh token all of the above should be working:

Working, good job and Thank You.

Hello All,
I hope this is the right forum topic but I’m happy to move it too. Advice appreciated.

I’ve just received my Volumio Primo and I’m getting to know it. I’ve installed Spotify plugins (2 available):and definitely see the issue with my personal favorites, artists, albums, playlists etc. not showing, The OP’s issue I think. However, I can’t tell what to do to correct the issue using my IPad for UI. I’m not a de eloped but can execute technical directions, is it possible for me to benefit from what seems to be this fix/fixes?

Thanks for pointing a noob in the right direction.

Mark

Had the same Problem with playlists. Installed the new Version of the plugin via instructions here. Works perfect, thanks for the good work :smiley: :smiley:

I want to thank ma_sk1 for his kind assistance helping me with the Spotify folders fix and new Oauth Refresh Token. It’s working great now! Thanks also to skikirkwood for his plugin development and others that have offered to assist me. I appreciate the community. Happy to test things if needed. Best, Mark

Just tried this for the first time on a fresh Volumio install. Works great! Thanks for the great work here ma_sk1!

@skikirkwood - You’re welcome! :sunglasses: Is something new with michelangelo and server for spotify acces token? :question:

Don’t know, better to ask Michelangelo directly!

Many thanks @ma_sk1 and @skikirkwood for the very good work.

Plugin from github.com/majko96/volumio-plug … ce/spotify works perfectly.

Is there any way to get better than 320Kbps audio quality?

320kbps is the highest quality Spotify offers for now.

Worked for me. Volumio 2.565 on Pi2.

Thank you very much.

Capture.PNG.jpg

The instructions from page 23 worked great, thanks.

thanks, Instructions work great.

One Question:
Why is the Plugin not exchanged in the Plugin directory, as the current one doesn’t work for anyone?

I’m waiting for the core Volumio team to replace the need for the Oauth server I’m using (currently on a micro EC2 instance on AWS) with something running on the MyVolumio infrastructure.

Sorry guys, we are slow at that…
We are working on integrating OAUTH into Volumio (and use myvolumio cloud for it).
It’s taking some time but it will be worth it…

does it mean that spotify will only work after paying myvolumio?

No, if possible (aka costs of server side are not too much to bear) we will just require a free myvolumio account.