Help needed to test Spotify plugin with Oauth

Hmmm, that’s odd. What country are you located in? I wonder if it has to do with the country code, as the API delivers different results for different countries.

Also, can you post the contents of /var/log/volumio.org - that might give a clue.

Thanks skikirkwood for all the work on this plugin!

I have a sort of similar issue. I can display the contents of my own playlists and play them without any problems, but I cannot seem to display the tracks of other (public) playlists (I have no trouble finding public playlists). This is also the case for the tracks in the Genres & Moods and Featured Playlists.
I think it is only a matter of displaying the contents because if I choose to play such a public playlist, it will start playing and the tracks show up in the queue. This is the same for Genres & Moods and Featured Playlists (I cannot see the contents, but all show up in the queue when I select to play the list).

The funny thing is that I could see the tracks of a public playlist directly after I had copied your index.js file and rebooted the system, but that stopped working after a subsequent reboot…

Hope this helps.

@skikirkwood
I am located in France.
I have sent you my volumio.log file.
Please check your mailbox on this forum.
Thank you for your support.

Thanks Oleg, but it appears some others are having problems with featured playlists and genres and moods, so let me get those working for everyone first!

I have same issue as Yoast, but could never see featured playlists (but only My playlists). When adding such a playlist to queu it works and I can play the tracks. I am situated in Austria and have implemented the last index.js file.

It’s possible I had a version control problem. Can you install this new version of index.js and let me know how it works for Featured Playlists and Genre’s and Moods.

github.com/skikirkwood/volumio- … y/index.js

You can verify you are using the newest version by looking at /var/logs/volumio.log and after the message about the new Spotify access token you will see “Spotify credentials grant success - running version from March 23, 2019”

If you still have problems with Featured Playlists please post your log file here. Thanks.

Hi skikirkwood,

first of all I highly appreciate your continuous efforts in trying to fix the issue. Thanks a lot for that.

My Playlists, My Saved Albums, My Saved Tracks, My Top Artists, My Top Tracks, My Recently Played Tracks and What’s New are working fine for me.

I’m located in Germany and with the last index.js you have shared I have following observations:

1. My Playlists, My Saved Albums, My Saved Tracks, My Top Artists, My Top Tracks, My Recently Played Tracks and What’s New all are working fine for me.
  2. In Featured Playlist I can see the list of playlists, but opening a playlist is not possible, but I can play the playlists using the Play command from the options and I can even skip forward and backward.
  3. In Genre & Moods I can enter into the list of Genres & Moods and even enter into one of the categories. Opening a playlist is not possible, but I can play the playlists using the Play command from the options and I can even skip forward and backward.

I attached the volumio.log

Regards,
dibu

Ok, I think I finally have a release candidate of the Spotify plugin update with everything working and tested.
There was another bug in the browsing of Featured Playlists and Genres and Moods which I just fixed. Grab the latest from here:

github.com/skikirkwood/volumio- … y/index.js

You should see in the log file:

info: Spotify credentials grant success - running version from March 24, 2019

I’ve tested every permutation of browsing and playing the various Spotify features on the latest version of Volumio. Hope this is the money winner! :slight_smile:

hello friends

here is a Spotify plugin with Refresh Token in settings UI. It is based on newest version index.js by skikirkwood.
Can you test it for me?
Before installation uninstall Spotify plugin and reboot system.

Type the following commands via SSH to download and install plugin:

wget https://github.com/majko96/volumio-plugins/raw/master/plugins/music_service/spotify/spotify.zip mkdir ./spotify miniunzip spotify.zip -d ./spotify cd ./spotify volumio plugin install cd .. rm -Rf spotify*

Hi skikirkwood, ma_sk1,

just now tested the plugin provided by ma_sk1. For me now everything is working fine.
Thanks a lot for your great work here.

Regards,
dibu

Hi friends. Where can I find the 2.555 version.

Updated index.js (with new refresh token) fixed playlist issues for me. Thank you skikirkwood & ma_sk1 for excellent work! Waiting for update installation via Volumio UI.
:wink: :slight_smile: :smiley:

Working ok, Thank you skikirkwood & ma_sk1

Hi,
I removed spotify plugin and follow your note but it remain frized on dounloading plugin.

Attached screen.jpg

rorygennaro try it again…

I started with clean image.

Tried but still freezed on downloading plugin.
That what I did:
Prepared SD Card with volumio-2.565-2019-03-12-pi.img (latest)

Completed first start
gone on /dev to enable SSH

login with volumio volumio
changed password volumio
changed password root
su

wget github.com/majko96/volumio-plug … potify.zip
mkdir ./spotify
miniunzip spotify.zip -d ./spotify
cd ./spotify
volumio plugin install < --------- remain on stat: 10 Downloading plugin and not complete.

Maybe this can help you:

I tried to install another plugin from GUI (Connect2) and at the end it fais when install dependencies.

Now I tried with old plugin with new index.js and ALL WORKS !

The istallation of new plugin still fails

If I use Equalizer and audio jack trougth equalizer, plugin Connect2 not works.

It show my device but when I play from cell it receive the message, shows current selected from cell but not audio.
If I change Audio from Jack trougth equalizer to jack it works.

Thi just with connect

Ok,
I runs your istallation script :

as user volumio and it worked. ALL FINE.

If you can I need to solve with connect issue.