Help Integrating Raspberry Pi and Odroid 12S DACs with Volumio

Here’s the situation:

1. Hardware Setup:
  • Raspberry Pi 4 (4GB RAM) running Volumio 2.9.
  • Odroid 12S DAC connected via USB to the Raspberry Pi.
  • External hard drive with my music library connected to the Raspberry Pi.
  1. Issue: I can’t seem to get the Raspberry Pi and the Odroid 12S DAC to work together properly with Volumio. I’ve tried connecting the DAC directly to the Pi, but I’m not getting any audio output. Volumio recognizes the DAC, but there’s no sound. Has anyone successfully integrated the Odroid 12S DAC with Volumio on a Raspberry Pi? If so, could you please share your configuration and any tips or settings that might be crucial?

Have you checked if the DAC is not muted? Use alsamixer to check :wink:

Which DAC is it? Hifi Shield or Hifi Shield2?

I don’t believe this is possible🫢 you probably intended to write “I2S” instead of “USB”.

That won’t work because Odroid DAC versions are not pin-compatible with PI devices, they were designed to be used with Hardkernel Odroid boards.
The DACs have a separate 7-pin connector with the I2S (and spdif) signals.
The older HiFi Shield should work when hard-wired from the 7-pin connector to the PI I2S pins and “Generic DAC” is selected in Volumio. With the Shield2 it will become difficult, not seen anyone doing this.
My advice: use Odroid DACs for Odroid devices and for the PI get something else.

could you please post a picture of your DAC?

searching for “Odroid 12S DAC” or “Odroid USB DAC” I could not find anything with USB connection, besides this one:

https://www.odroid.nl/odroid-accessories/odroid-sound/odroid-usb-audio-adaptor

I hope you’re all doing well. I’m facing a bit of a challenge here and could really use your expertise. I’m trying to integrate my Raspberry Pi and Odroid 12S DACs with Volumio to enhance my audio setup, but I’m encountering some issues along the way.I’ve been a long-time user of Volumio, and I’ve recently decided to take my audio setup to the next level by incorporating both my Raspberry Pi and Odroid 12S DACs. However, I’m running into some difficulties with the integration process.

Please provide details on this DAC, as This is model is unknown.
A i2c DAC for Odroid will not work on a rPi.

There is no Odroid DAC with a usb interface, not now and there will never be one.
Let’s not feed this troll.
Odroid DACs won’t work on an rPI unless it is an old pcm5102a based one.
Even then, you need to hard wire it from the 7-pin connector and choose the “generic dac” from the menu.

1 Like

That is a little bit strange.
Hardkernel still hasn’t announced it, but on Get Started - Volumio it is marked as supported natively :japanese_ogre:

grafik

@volumio, please remove that confusion from getting started and close this thread.