Hello from Normandy, France

Hello,

I’m a tube audio fan, especially single ended triodes, full range and horn loudspeakers, and analog recordings and playing.

but I like all systems that delight my ears.

And I am really a music lover.

I (try to) play clarinet.

And I also try to use Volumio with a raspberry 2

(but for now, I can’t do it at all)

About my stuff :

At the moment I use a Raspberry Pi 3, with a pifi (pcm5122) dac, and with some littles tweaks : I replaced the output RC network with AudioNote tantalum resistors, and with a 2.2nF K40Y paper in oil capacitor : very efficient upgrade.
And I replaced the electrolytics by Silmic II: the step is smaller than the previous change, but is still audible.
And I want to try the Allo Boss Dac, and also the AudioGD R2R DA-M1 modules.
And I also want to work on a “direct” solution to have a native DSD dac (without USB). Don’t know exactly how to manage this. Perhaps with to DACs (one PCM and one DSD) with one RspPi3.

My listening system includes Tosca AT7 signature amplifier (a very big 300B SE amplifier I developed for my electronic audio brand), and open baffle with Altec 15" biflex 420A loudspeakers + Raven R2 Ribbon tweeter (over 15kHz).

the others sources are : a tweaked Nad C516BEE CD player, a Lafayette LT325 tube FM tuner. And a big RTF (official France 50’ broadcast) Bourdereau turntable + LCR prototype RIAA, and several MC cartridges (SPU, AudioNote IOGold, Ortofon MC20…)

Hi!

I have bough 4 DA-M1 modules, connected them to my RPi 3 but I can not find an i2s driver which recognize the DAC :frowning:

Did you succeed with these modules?

Thanks.