Future Volumio user

Long time lurker as I try to decide what network transport to buy. I know virtually nothing about streamers because I never really got the point of one, me having a PC plugged to a DAC and playing local files.

I would be a Volumio user already if you could get the guts of the Motivo on the Rivo and ditch the touch screen, dac and amp :grinning: Oh, and btw… the HDMI out so you can have the OS on a TV screen is a major plus on my interest on Volumio gear.

Registered so I can ask the odd question and hoping to learn more from you guys!

Welcome here!
Ask your odd question! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Why not flash an x86 version to a usb stick and test/boot it from your pc/laptop to get some hands on?

1 Like

Ahaha, by odd question I mean random question when I’m going through the threads.

@gkkpch that’s a good idea, I’ll try it. I’m not concerned so much about the software though, I like what I’ve seen from Volumio and I always have the paid version of Audirvana. I just really dislike its interface (and oddly enough Roon even more) but Volumio looks pretty good to me. I’m just trying to decide on the hardware at this point. Magna Mano MkIII with free Volumio, Rivo + LPS ou Motivo, that’s pretty much where I’m at.

1 Like

After much hair pulling and teeth grinding, just ordered a Motivo. No longer future user, I guess :grinning:

2 Likes

Welcome to the Motivo family!

1 Like

You will not be disappointed. It’s just a great sounding device.

1 Like