FusionDsp : the complete Dsp center for Volumio3!

If you are interested in the low-level details, you can have a look here

Please do NOT use v1.0.50.
A bug will hangs your system

is it possible to remove v1.0.50 from the list on plugin store?

This not something I can doā€¦

@volumio could you do that?

FusionDsp 1.0.51 stable
:japanese_ogre: PLEASE DO NOT TRY 1.0.50!
Nothing you can seeā€¦ but as @Darmur wrote, a big work for the future with MPD!
But youā€™ll notice a fast switch between tracks!
It may improve stability if you experienced issue such the music stops playing randomly
Reboot after update!
Enjoy!

HI ballbuze.
I been reading through the Github comments.
Am I correct in assuming this will hopefully help in general stability when tracks are changing between different samplerate and bit depth ?

I have had a few crashes recentlty ( system stays silent until reboot) usually these are happening when Iā€™m towards the end of a session and start randomly picking tracks.

Volumio3.546 and Fusion1.0.49 (PEQ)

Worth a try either way I suppose

Yes, it should improve stability in that case! Please test and feedback!
Thanks for your help

FusionDsp v 1.0.51 see above

Had a mess about today.

Clean install of V3.569 and the only plugin FusionDSP 1.0.51

Trying my hardest to break it. chopping back and forth between tracks
Not once did it stop play where i needed to reboot.

However, what I did notice is how quickly it now changes track, which is good but it seems to start 1/2 to 1 sec into the begining of the track ie. chopping the beginig 1/2 sec off.
Sometimes even starting 10 seconds into the begining.

Volumio log http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/Jc66WnC.html
where is the CamillaDSP log gone ? the one in tmp is empty.

1 Like

Yes it is faster due to the change done.
camilladsp.log is still here, but if no error or warning, it contains nothing.

Nov 16 16:30 : player: played "NAS/Server/E/The Eagles - Hotel California (1976) -2013-HDTracks [FLAC]/01 - Hotel California.flac"

# cat /tmp/camilladsp.log ---------------

# cat /tmp/cec-client.log ---------------
cat: /tmp/cec-client.log: No such file or directory

# volumio plugin list ---------------

This command will list installed plugins on your device

----------------------- Installed Plugins:
[
  {
    prettyName: 'FusionDsp',
    name: 'fusiondsp',
    category: 'audio_interface',
    version: '1.0.51',
    icon: 'fa-sliders fa-rotate-90',
    isManuallyInstalled: false,
    enabled: true,
    active: true
  }
]

Letā€™s see for your issueā€¦

Not sure if you are asking me something butā€¦ is this helpful

At 13:26 is when I paused it, had lunch then ( under orders :D) go and repair our dishwasher.
When I came back at 16:06, didnt press play, just tapped another track, is when it started the track ~10 seconds in. But it has done this before without the break in the middle

Im currently setting it up with all my plugins and mods to see how it goes under normal listening conditions ie. Just using it normally. Should get 2-3 hours tonight of play time :slight_smile:

Nov 16 13:25 : player: played "NAS/Server/C/Chase & Status/Chase & Status - 2 RUFF Vol. 1 [320](2023)/06 - On The Block Feat. Avo & Horrid1.mp3"
Nov 16 13:25 : player: played "NAS/Server/C/Chase & Status/Chase & Status - 2 RUFF Vol. 1 [320](2023)/08 - Get Got.mp3"
Nov 16 13:26 : player: played "NAS/Server/C/Chase & Status/Chase & Status - 2 RUFF Vol. 1 [320](2023)/08 - Get Got.mp3"
Nov 16 13:26 : player: played "NAS/Server/G/Guns `n` Roses/Guns N Roses - Appetite for destruction 1987 FLAC/03 - Nightrain .flac"
Nov 16 16:06 : player: played "NAS/Server/G/Guns `n` Roses/Guns N Roses - Appetite for destruction 1987 FLAC/03 - Nightrain .flac"
Nov 16 16:08 : player: played "NAS/Server/C/Chase & Status/Chase & Status - 2 RUFF Vol. 1 [320](2023)/02 - Liquor & Cigarettes ft. Hedex & ArrDee.mp3"
Nov 16 16:09 : player: played "NAS/Server/C/Chase & Status/Chase & Status - 2 RUFF Vol. 1 [320](2023)/02 - Liquor & Cigarettes ft. Hedex & ArrDee.mp3"
Nov 16 16:10 : player: played "NAS/Server/G/Guns `n` Roses/Guns N Roses - Appetite for destruction 1987 FLAC/03 - Nightrain .flac"
Nov 16 16:10 : player: played "NAS/Server/C/Chase & Status/Chase & Status - 2 RUFF Vol. 1 [320](2023)/02 - Liquor & Cigarettes ft. Hedex & ArrDee.mp3"

Used as normal last night ~3hours
Everything was pretty much the same as the test above.
Fine while working its way through a playlist on its own, the tracks started where they should.
Only when I selected different tracks in the play list you could notice the begining 1/2 sec missing, but that was only 50% of the time, the rest of the time was fine or unnoticeable and only once, I think, did it start ~10 secs early.
Most importantly was the fact it did not crash.

Thanks for your feedbacks.
if youā€™re comfortable with ssh, could you replace

/data/plugins/audio_interface/fusiondsp/camilladsp-js.js

by the one attached and reboot?
remove the fake extension from name!
thanks for helping
camilladsp-js.js.removethis.txt (4,4 Ko)

2 Likes

@balbuze

Just had a good mess around with, trying to break it.
Its does seem about right now. no more losing tthe first 1/2 second of the track.

The only thing I have noticed is when changing tracks with different sample rates coming from 44.1 to 192 or above you get a little ā€œsquelchā€ sound at the begining maybe a tenth of a second.
doesnt happen going back down to a lower sample rate only goin up to 192 and above.
With the original 1.0.51 camilladsp-js.js its not there.

Something else I have noticed with all the reboots having to be done.
Usually if you hit the power off button or restart and it will do it immediately.
With FusionDSP plugin enabled and at least one song played clicking power off or restart takes a couple of mins. Disabling the pluging and its back to normal again.
This doesnt happen in 1.0.49

1 Like

Hello,
first of all thank you for developing this amazing plugin letting Volumio to be a fully digital HIFI network device.

I am using a rpi4 (2GB) running Volumio 3.569 (premium account) and FusionDSP 1.0.51 (no other sw/plugings installed). I have copied my convolution filters (wav) named filter-4100.wav , filter-4800.wav upto filter-192000.wav for left and right channel . In FusionDSP I select the 4100 files and I get ā€œvariable-samplerateā€ notification as from user manual.
Playing is ok at all sample rates except when a 192kHz rated song is streamed from Qobuz or played locally : no sound even if Volumio playing timeline is running.

I also loaded in FusionDSP only the left and right 192000 filters and still no sound . In Camilla view I see DSP not running.

The log reports :
ā€” info: camilladsp spawned new process with pid 1704, instance 1, run: true
ā€” /bin/dd: error reading ā€˜/tmp/fusiondspfifoā€™: Resource temporarily unavailable

repeatedly.

Could you help on this ?

Hello
Thanks for your feedback.
Some questionsā€¦

• are you sure of the naming of filters 4100?
  • are you sure 192kHz filter is working?
  • if yes, can you send log? Go in IP/Dev and copy paste the link for log here.

Hello

you are totally right : problem was the 192kHz filter file itself . Once recreated with rePhase and uploaded to FusionDSP problem solved (sorry my fault).

Thank you again for your outstanding contribution.

Enjoy your music!
And if something is wrong or if you have a question, youā€™re welcome :hugs:

Hello,
I have a problem in camillaDSP gui, when I try to mark the config file as active, the A icon is in the ā€œshadowā€ and appear this message is : ā€œcheck the backend configurationā€