Finally finished my DIY streamer (with a 3D printed case I designed)

I finally, after a lot of playing around with 3D printed cases and a damaged DAC, got my DIY music streamer up and running.

It’s made up of a Raspberry Pi 3B+ that I had laying around, a generic 5" DSI touchscreen display, and a HiFiBerry DAC2 Pro. The case is 3D printed based on a design I did in OpenSCAD (my first custom design even though I’ve had my 3D printer for years). It has no controls other than the display since I wanted something extremely minimal; I mainly drive it from my PC and from the app, though I have a couple spare rotary encoders around so I may add a volume control at some point.

I used nearly a spool of filament experimenting with the case and getting all the cutouts just right, and I somehow managed to damage my first DAC for some unknown reason (which I didn’t find out until I put the whole thing together, sealed it up and hooked it up), but a replacement got everything working perfectly. It’s currently grabbing music from one of my two NASes (a 15TB Synology I’ve had for nearly a decade now) and playing it all like a champ.