Favorites does not work anymore, looks that I just can toggle between an open or filled green heart

Hi,

for me it’s like this with the favorites:

if I click on the heart symbol (in the playback screen) to add a title to the favorites then all what it does is to toggle the heart symbol between filled and open, but it does not add the title to the favorites:

Also it’s that once I toggled the heart to green it stays like this for all titles, i.e. whatever I play it looks like that it’s my favorite. And the other way round it’s the same, i.e. the heart stays open even if a song is in my favorite list.

But if I add a title by clicking on the heart symbol in the title list of the album, then the title will be added:

However, if I click on play in the favorites menu it does not play but prompt a message “YouTube2 Invalid URI”:

But this only happens if I click on the play button on the left side. If I click on the 3 dots on the right side and click “play” there then it plays the title as expected.

And I like to add that if I click on the play button on the left side in the the favorites list it partly also plays a song, but then it’s not the one which is displayed.

My guess is that several things are mixed up here. At first that the feature to add a played title from the playback screen does not work as expected. And it looks like that in the favorites menu the index for the titles on the left side is mixed up.
Initially I thought it might be linked with that I have added titles from YouTube to the favorites, but if I start playing them in the favorite list via the 3 dots and then press play they are all playing.

If needed:

Debug log: http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/FP1Q8Tm.html

System information:

OS info

Version of Volumio: 3.512
Hostname: volumio3
Kernel: 5.10.92-v7+
Governor: performance
Uptime: 0 days, 1 Hrs, 53 Minutes, 51 Seconds

Audio info

Hw audio configured: Allo Piano 2.1
Mixer type: Hardware
Number of channels:
Supported sample rate: 

Board info

Manufacturer: Raspberry Pi Foundation
Model: Raspberry Pi 3 Model B Rev 1.2
Version: a02082
Firmware Version: Jan 20 2022 13:58:22 - bd88f66f8952d34e4e0613a85c7a6d3da49e13e2

CPU info

Brand: BCM2837
Speed: 1.2Ghz
Number of cores: 4
Physical cores: 4
Average load: 38%
Temperature: 60°C

Memory info

Memory: 990020 Ko
Free: 67412 Ko
Used: 922608 Ko

Storage info

INTERNAL storage - Size: 27484Mo
Used: 846Mo
Available for storage: 25220Mo (92%)

The “YouTube2: Invalid URI” message is probably referring to one of the other items in the list that no longer exists on YouTube.

Hi Patrick,

yes, this error message is probably due to broken links. But I do get the message also for titles where the link isn’t broken. And also it appears when the link points to a title that is available on the local drive.

If I click “play” then partly other titles from the displayed list are played. Therefore I suspect that there’s a running index for each entry, e.g. title #1, title #2, … and that this somehow is messed up. It would be a little odd if this index takes into account if a link exists or not, but it would be a possible explanation (?).

Whether a link is broken or not I can figure out when I click first on the 3 dots on the right side and then on the play button there. If the link is still valid it plays the title as expected.

But it is interesting to note: It’s only like this for favorites which are from YouTube. If a song is on my local drive it partly is not played even so it exists.

I think I now understand your problem. So when you get a “YouTube2: Invalid URI” message, Volumio plays a different track, even when the one you clicked actually exists, right?

If that’s the case, then yes, that is a long-standing problem that they never bothered to fix.

When you click an item on the Favorites page (not the three dots next to it), Volumio sends every item to the corresponding plugin for processing. The plugin returns data that is then used to create the item in the queue. If an error occurs for an item, that item is left out from the queue. But you are right in observing that Volumio does not take into account items that have been left out. It just plays the item in the queue at the position that you clicked in the favorites list.

It’s the same behavior with playlists, but for playlists it’s even worse when you have albums added to it.

Hi Patrick, yes, it’s like this. I do not fully understand, but it sounds to me like a “wrong” handling of indices, I mean that indices are referenced to relative sources, but it is not noticed when they are no longer correct. Instead of just giving an error message, the now wrong run variables should not be used bluntly, but this should be taken into account with logic. For me this is a question of how resistant an application is against predictable errors.