Edit Volumio library from within volumio.local/browse

Is it possible to add the ability to remove albums from the Volumio library from within the app, probably by adding an item to the three vertical dots drop down list next to albums and tracks. The command “Update Folder” in this list is very limited in its effect - it does not seem to reflect corrections made directly to metadata or file/folder names. Sometimes after making corrections directly to files one finds tracks duplicated within an album in the Volumio UI, one track with the old data and the other with the new. The only way I have found to rectify this is to do a complete “rescan” of a very large libray. This takes a very long time. If it were possible to delete a folder from within the app one could correct wrong metadata and file/folder names directly, run “Update” and the album would be returned to the Album list with the correct data.

2 Likes

Totally agree, it would be a super useful feature

I don’t think Music Library Management, as you suggest it, is core Volumio functionality. In my opinion, I’d rather have the team concentrating on open issues instead.

I have a Raspberry Pi with Volumio and a HDD connected to my stereo system in the living room, and I have a PC in another room. I add or delete albums via FTP. For me it would be very convenient and “core” to be able to add or delete files directly from the Volumio interface, for example via smartphone, instead of having to access the PC and connect via FTP each time.