DSD Play as PCM Topping E50

Hi to all,

I know that this issue has been covered before, but I still don’t manage to solve the problem.
I am a Volumio standard user, using a Raspery Pie 4B 8Gb Ram, connected via Ethernet and by USB to a Topping E50. My DSD files are on a DLNA Server and when trying to play the, my DAC converts it to PCM. Y tried DSD direct and DSD DoP, and the same result for both. I cannot disable multiform setting, as I am not a premium user (I read that this could be a problem). Also I do not have any DSP plugin installed. My configuration is a freshly new installation.

Any thoughts, or solution?

Thank you in advance.

Are you sure your DNL server is not converting these files, as playing DSD from the media library is working without problems

Hello!

We are aware of it and we are working to solve the problem asap!
It doesn’t depend from your subscription tier, but it’s an issue we have to solve internally

Sorry for the inconvenience,

thanks for your patience

Davide
VOLUMIO TECH SUPPORT

To be much more clear…the issue depends from the DSD format you are trying to play
DSD64 works different than DSD256

I tried dsd64 , dsd128 and dsd256. All the same.

It must be something with dlna server in general. I hooked a ssd to the rpi and it decodes dsd up to dsd512 perfectly.
The strange thing is that with an app on the iPhone, named Neutron Player, I can access to the same DSD files and decode it via DoP connected directly to the DAC any it workes.