DAC smsl c100 not work with volumio

Greetings
Is it possible that it’s not compatible? It doesn’t recognize it.
Is there anything I need to do to add it?
I use Raspberry 4 now

Hey,

How are you delivering power to your DAC?

Have you check Raspberry Pi 4B USB power delivery capabilities?

5 amp stabilized power supply for the Raspberry.
the DAC is connected to the Raspberry USB

Is there anything else connected to the USB ports?

Please generate logs and post in this thread link for bug report:

I have the same SMSL C100, but it’s regularry recognized from Volumio and it functions very well with my NAS audio files (flac ,dsd and mp3) and web radio,but if i listen music from spotify with Peppymeter plugin on, then i hear “clicks” and stutterings of the music file…Damn!
Do you solved your problem?
I think ther’is something not completely compatible among SMSL C100 and Rasp pi4 or Volumio system…

the problem is caused by Peppymeter, there is nothing Volumio can do about it.

@Darmur

I think its DAC related. I’ve tested the same with a topping E30II for @Roberto_Grieco and it works flawless.

OK, if it’s a problem with the USB DAC, there is nothing Volumio can do about it.

Volumio OS makes use of the very same linux driver for all USB DACs. If some DACs don’t work properly in some circumstances, the manufacturer of the DAC should solve the problem, either with a firmware update or sending a request for patching the linux driver on the linux mainline kernel repository (that later on will be included in Volumio, when merged)

I think it’s not a problem with Volumio os, because the problem of the clicks and stutterings exists only listening music from spotify using Peppymeter, with spotify stand alone no problems. In all the other situation there isn’t problem (music from nas,web radio…) also using Peppymeter.
The problem is the combination among Peppymeter,Spotify connect and SMSL C100.