DAC sabre Audiophonics

I actually found out where the problem is. Volumio 3 works well with this DAC including volume control - you have to select 9028 version of the DAC in the I2S DAC list as mentioned in this thread - however GPIO Pins plugin must not be installed and activated. In my setup, I use an external button which triggers the shutdown sequence using PIN 3 (and this plugin). Once I install GPIO Pins plugin and activate it, my volume control stops working. I don’t know if the issue is the same no matter what DAC you use, or if it is specific to this DAC. I guess I will not be able to turn it off with the button connected to PIN 3, but at least I will be able to wake it up and change the volume :slight_smile:

GPIO Pins plugin is not available in the plugin list in Volumio 3 but it can be installed manually using a script - there is a thread on this somewhere…

1 Like

Hi audioguy 007,

Pin 3 is used for I2C bus that is required for volume control with this DAC.

So it is not the GPIO plugin itself that is causing issues but the use of PIN3

Just use another PIN and both should work

Br
Josef

Ok, but from what I understand PIN 3 is the only one that can wake up RPI. I would use a different one, but it would only put the streamer to sleep, I would not be able to wake it. By connecting the button to PIN 3 and grounding it I can both put it to sleep (using GPIO Pins plugin) and wake it up again. If there is another way, I am all ears!

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

I am new here. So excuse my question in case I missed this is already discussed/solved somewhere else.

I have just finished a setup with the “AUDIOPHONICS EVO-SABRE DAC Symétrique 2x ES9038Q2M USB GPIO Raspberry Pi SPDIF Bluetooth XLR RCA”, a Raspberry PI 4, and Volumio. Everything is working really very neatly, I have it all assembled in a really nice self-made case and combined with the Waveshare 7.9inch HDMI LCD touch display.

However, I do have one issue I can not solve - the remote control provided by Audiophonics is only working partially: the volume up/down, mute, power, input and filter buttons work well, but the play/pause and the up/down/left/right/center buttons are not doing anything.

Anybody here having some experience with this setup, and an idea what to do? I am not even sure my expectation is fair - after all, I anyway have the touch display, and no one would probably use the remote control to do anything on a touch display …