Contemporary optimizations plugin for local connected displays

i asked to split title /artist from the controle but he his stil hard working on a new version of peppy. so all in time old duffer there are more improvement on the list but het has only 2 hands…
but he will look if it’s possible what he can do with it.

Hi 2aCD,

great work! This is exactly the layout I’ve been looking for a long time. It works perfectly fine with my 5" Waveshare display (800x480) in my Sonyberry project:

I would really like to see it in stock volumio!

Same here, what a nice modification and hope it comes standard in volumio.

if your thinking of upgrading your screen to 7inch standard screen you could get it flush.
i would advice this one :

Hi paganini,
that looks very nice. I have also an old technics tapedeck left over… I‘ll see what I do. :wink: If the VU-meter panel also working in your deck?

1 Like

Hi 2aCD,

of course the VU meters are working, as well as the tape counter :slight_smile:
I reused the original board for this task (see my Sonyberry project)

Thanks for de tip, unfortunately it doesn’t fit.
I’m ordered this one, is slightly narrower than the 7 inch
I think the current 3.5 inch is just a bit too small and the 4.3 inch fits better and also has a dsi connection and therefore more practical to update than spi screen.

saidly you can’t fit it i have 3 screens but that one is smoother and would cover any space left.
i got the 7inch version of your version and a 10.1

Hi together,
I have update the download to v5.5 on first post.

Whats new:

• option to hide Button Bar on Play View, if you don’t need it:

• custom color with color picker per UI for generally borders and independent of this for albumart borders (thanks balbuze for this hint)

@Old_Duffer, @dvo
Unfortunately an absolute separate position for the play buttons or titleinfo isn’t possible.
All infos are paced in one container. I can’t pick one element to place it on another absolute position.

have fun :wink:
2aCD

1 Like

tnx anyway for looking in to it your work made volumio a lot nicer for everbody.

THANKS A MILLION :grinning:2021-08-11T23:00:00Z

• I would like to donate can I pay you in ETH or SOL, please?

• I do not know how to express my joy after seeing this worked perfectly on my 7” and 3.4” lcd.

• What should I say coders are the future of our generation who’s going to solve many problems.

• Your LOVE and contribution towards Volumio unstoppable – Thank you so much for that.

• Volumio is very good distro but not good UI taste my opinion but your mod enabled beautiful almost complete player.

• piCoreplayer/Jivelite was best for 7” lcd but no more after your mod, not going back here anymore.

1 Like

Can anyone help changing slide one like this?

Looks good on 3.5” touch. image

2 Likes

Yes I can change the slider a little bit as an additional option :wink:

Hi together,
I have update this mod with a new slider type:

Do you have a previous version installed, please read the instructions on the first post.

Have fun :+1:

Hello Andy, thank you for sharing the css file.
I have a 7.9 inch screen with 400×1280, how can I achieve the same look but in portrait mode, where the album art covers the top half of the screen and controls on the bottom half. I would greatly appreciate some help with this. thank you.

Hi @rv_radio!! How did you manage to put all the buttons in a row on a 3.5" display?
And how did you put the time source so small?
(I’m guessing the screen I bought isn’t a 3.5" )

@2aCD there is a way to remove the arrow on the top of display?? I will not use the touchscreen.

Can I reduce the size of the buttons or remove just the repeat and shuffle buttons?

Thank you very much!! This mod is amazing!

1 Like

is it possible to disable album art and add one of below theme

instead?

Very neat and beautiful!

Thank you so much.

1 Like

HI!! can you put your 3,5" configurations?
Thank you so much!!!

Finished my box!