Best sound quality

----------------------------- Delete here & above before posting below -----------------

Will the sound quality I experience with Volumio Primo streamer be better using Tidal connect within the Volumio app compared to using Qobuz within the Volumio app as Tidal connect is built in ?

At this moment Qobuz will always exceed Tidal sound quality. Tidal is currently replacing MQA with Hi-res. But it’s very unclear if they are loading new masters or still relying on the modified masters to make MQA sound better.
Native integration if it’s Qobuz or Tidal will sound better then using connect. Volumio did both. :slight_smile:

Ok thanks Wheaten.

It seems that Tidal Connect is integrated into the Volumio app as is Qobuz but not Qobuz Connect or Tidal. Are you saying that Qobuz integrated into the app will sound better ?

Both Qobuz and Tidat and Tidal connect are integrated in Volumio’s subscription.
Qobuz connect does not exist, you can only use Airplay or Chromecast, which already lowers the quality.
And yes I am saying that native integration sounds better.

Why native integration sounds better ? I do not understand ?
Thanks

1 Like

Thanks for your clear response with screenshot Wheaten

1 Like

yeah it’s a confusing topic.
Tidal connect should just act as a remote, instead of Volumio getting the url, Tidal connect provides the URL to Volumio.
There are multiple topics claiming different behavior between Tidal integration and connect and there are the same amount claiming otherwise.

I think it bottles down to your preferences. (Guess me being biased and will always choose native integration)

2 Likes

For Apple play I have understood but for tidal connect …
I want to use tidal connect because of tidal app … radios , mixes , genres and other options from app .