Basic steps to get a 16x2 LCD to work with Volumio 2 on RPi3

Hi all, this is my first post in the forum. Nice to meet you.
Just like the title reads, I’d like to use a common chinese 16x2 LCD (1602A) to display basic information like the artist name and the track title, getting the information from Volumio 2 (latest update) installed on my Raspberry Pi 3 B+.
I know this has probably been discussed a lot, but I didn’t find any guide for this, and I think there’s a big difficulty gap between installing Volumio, which is something most people can do easily, and getting something like this to work.

So I’d love it if you could point me to the right direction, starting from the wiring of the LCD to the scripts and plugins needed, keeping it as newbie friendly as you can; maybe we could even make some sort of guide out of this?

Big thanks to all of those who’ll be kind enough to help me!

1 Like

Hi. Basically your hardware connection depends on your plugin config. There is few plugins, but my favorite is pydpiper by dhrone or similar by Saiyato

Here you have a hardware connection sample

It should work after installation and proper configuration. Generally You can chose GPIO pins and many others by running a configuration script.