Audiophonics I2S DAC's I-Sabre ES9023 (two types)

yes linear PSU has made a big difference every time i tried on every DAC.

Can anybody tell me if Audiophonics I-Sabre V3 have an I2S lineout (by soldering or connection) like do the HiFiBerry Dac+Pro ??

Thanks

there is header on the board. No need to solder anything :wink:

I mean an I2S to HDMI out module to connect with external dedicated Dac.

Anyway Audiophonics tells me that only DAC with Sabre 9018 do it.
So not the V3.

Hi to all,
reading here I bought this for 7/8 euro

It’s very similar to the basic es9023 on audiophonics
audiophonics.fr/en/diy-dac/a … -8396.html
I spend some month with it on rpi2 and Volumio

Well, I have to say it was a nice time to listening my music but just after (a very long actually) 60 days from order I receive the package with this
aliexpress.com/item/ONE-PIECE-PR … 58522.html

It was quite dramatic change :slight_smile:
Everything from definition to extension of reproduction improve a lot and imho, reach a quality I rarely had the privilege to listen
Probably the thing more stunning is the stereo positioning effect, 10/10 in my opinion

In the past I’ve spent some money on expensive gears, probably like many of us and objectively, I think it could be very difficult or impossible, to find something that can play your music better than this solution (rpi/es9023/tcxo) with less than 40/50 euro too!!

Consider also that I’m running everything from the usb pc port or an inexpensive 5v wall adapter, it make no difference for me, I can definitely live with it :sunglasses:

Don’t hesitate to put a i2s es9023 dac on your board but remember to check the possibility to have a 50Mhz high precision clock on it.
It will make a night and day difference and totally worth the money

bye
N1

So you bought the board and the crystal right? Please tell me the way to install it! Soldering or plain simple inserting such as an opamp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

you’ll have to unsolder the previous one :wink:

And put the TCXO according to the footprint on the PCB…

like here :

A good clock is very very important

Thanks. Do I need anything besides unsoldering and soldering? I can have a friend with the proper tools do the soldering job for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing more is needed (be sure to put the clock the right way).

Does the v3 have better sound than the v2 or is it just offering the ability to connect a display?

Yes, this would also interest me.

And please don’t make like me :smiley:
foto (4).JPG

F

Hello, I’m new here.
I hope you can help me, I bought a Audiophonics DAC ES9023 I2S and connected these to the raspberry pi A.

ebay.de/itm/Audiophonics-I2S … Sw~OdVZXtm

I can connect the Pi to volumio, take hifiberry as driver, Star music but there is nötig sound.

Have some one an idea what i should do?

How can i Test by measurements on the dac Board if this is defect?

Know somebody that there is a Reverse polarity protection on the dac Board?

To be complete, i have the dac with the 7 Cables

BCK
LRCK
DATA
GND
MLCK

+5V
GND

NickOne, I am interested in doing the mod to my DAC but I notice from your image that you did not solder the crystal directly to the board but rather used fly leads, is there a reason for that? I also notice that the wires don’t go to the four corners, although I can’t see that well from the image exactly where you did solder them! Could you give further clarity please?

My 2c is NickOne wanted to quickly test out the crystal which he bought. Am pretty sure that he has already soldered it nicely to the board.

Hello,

I would need some help to order the right TCXO for this project (i.e. upgrading the ES9023 board with a TCXO).

I have found several versions, but I am quite unsure which one to get. For example, does it make sense to order a 0.1ppm TCXO instead of the 0.3pmm version? Would it make any real difference at this level? Also, does the brand matter (e.g. JYEC, ROJON, VANGUARD, no-name)? I found the following TCXO candidates (all 50Mhz), could you help me select the appropriate one?:

0.1ppm - US $11.39
aliexpress.com/item/TCXO-50 … .64.ddZUeQ

0.1ppm - US $24.80 (gold plated - JYEC)
ebay.com/itm/1pcs-TCXO-0-1pp … SwfcVUF9Lj

0.1ppm - US $18.27 (gold plated - JYEC… seems to be the same as above)
ebay.com/itm/1pc-TCXO-0-1PPM … SwgmJXz~PB

0.3ppm - US $15.58
aliexpress.com/item/ONE-PIE … 684b198c2a

Thank you for your help!

1 Like

Hi,

Just a quick update here. I have ordered the following 0.1ppm 50Mhz (Rojon) TCXO in the end (for US $13.97):

aliexpress.com/item/Fast-Fr … 87266.html

Let us know how it goes.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk