Asus Tinker Board - How's it going?

the aim is to release the version with full OTA support.
OTA has been available for a long term already, but only worked as long as no kernel updates were involved.
Kernel updates are now part of the new release.
@bigbear2003: I don’t have a current changelog, sorry.

I’m happy to report that ASUS has ported an initial set of I2S DACs to tinkerboard, and this image contains the new additions:
updates.volumio.org/tinkerboard/ … rd.img.zip

Before releasing officially it would be great to receive some feedbacks.
Enjoy !

Sounds promising! Do you have a list of the supported DACs available? (Crosses fingers that the IQaudIO Pi-DAC+ is on there…)

Yes, IQAUDIO DAC+, Hifiberry DAC+, Hifiberry DIGI +

Awesome! The Pi-DAC+ is the one I have. Will be downloading and trying out soon…

Michelangelo: Do you think the SPDIF off the Digi+ would sound better than the USB out I am currently running off my Tinker Board, which sounds pretty darned good. Great work on Tinker Board! Thanks.

So I have my ASUS TB up and running with Volumio and my IQaudIO Pi-DAC+ and it works perfectly! The added grunt the TB provides makes everything so much snappier and it even handles resampking at v. hugh quality without breaking a sweat. Fantastic. If I can now figure out how to get the IR remote working, I’ll be ecstatic!

Ok, so I’m struggling to get the IR sensor working on my IQaudIO Pi-DAC+ on the Tinkerboard. I’ve installed the JustBoom IR plugin in Volumio, but that doesn’t work and I’m running out of ideas. Any suggestions on how to configure LIRC with the Tinkerboard anybody?

I tested it with DAC es9018k2m and es9028k2m an it sound very good.

High res Playback , USB is always better

The new release for tinker board , I try update from volumio but it can’t find the new update. How to do it ?

Please reflash, update is not possibile with this version

Usually what version only is possible ?

No version for tinkerboard, just reflash please

I am struggling to get my Tinker Board to boot, gets stuck in a loop. I have tried a Debian Distro and it boots fine. There seems to be lots of suggestions its a PSU problem with the voltage dropping during boot, does Volumio pull more current during boot therefore more volt drop??

Thanks in advance

My Tinker Board would not boot at first. Not sure why. I have heard you do need a power source with 5 volts and 2.5 amps, which I did from the start, and not an expensive one. In addition, I had an 8 GB micro SD card and it never booted. I put in a new 16 GB card and it fired right up. No idea why. The 8GB should have been sufficient. Both had the proper rating. Since the first time it booted it has worked terrifically and in all facets of the software and hardware: wireless, headphone, USB out do my DACS, from the iPhone app, ethernet or wireless from my NAS, even play songs off my iPhone library. Don’t give up. I would say: 1) make sure you have a true 2.5 amp power source and try another memory card. I spent the first few days of this week burning all my CD’s onto my NAS.

I’ve been using a 5v 2a PSU without issue on mine, and I have the IQaudIO Pi-DAC+ connected along with a 128GB USB flash drive connected too.

I am having problem with current version of 2.341. When I playback DSD with native or DSD over PCM the sound become completely distorted. I had tried few DSD files and is all the same. This is also same as well when play flac file. My dac is di322 Wadia. With previous version, it was working perfectly. Is this some kind of bug ?

Great News

I would still like to get my USB DAC to work however, because the coax input is being used for my CD player, so to go to a on board DAC would mean changing a lot of my system. I have asked the question regarding my DAC on various threads in this forum and on the TB forum too, but with little or no response. My DAC in question is detailed on the link below and works fine on my x86 & Pi Volumio players but not on the TB, any help would be greatly appreciated.

fires-audio.eu/index.php?item=sp … 38&lang=en

Regards
Chris

Hi Michelangelo, the Tinker Board image for 2.348 is not uploaded to the download site. If I have installed the previous version ie 2.341 - is it possible to update via OTA when you’re upload the updated file?
Thanks

Update: just confirm that ota doesnt work for version 2.341. Manually upgrade to 2.349