Allo USBridge Signature AX88179 Driver

Thanks for making these changes Dario! I really like Volumio and learned a lot working on this. @aharman, I’m glad your USBridge is working again.

Thanks a lot !
@skrzyp thanks for the process and the explanations, I don’t have a second PI so I couldn’t try this way but I keep the process.
@Darmur thank you the update has been very smooth and successful :wink:
I still have some glitch when streaming in airplay though :confused:

Hi…
Wanted to say thanx for this, and maybe get a little help with it. In the same boat with USBridge Sig and Volumio. I’d been avoiding updating the OS, but came across this thread. I downloaded the above linked image to a card, and booted the unit…but no dice. I can’t reach it via a browser. Oh well…I swapped the old card back in (power off, of course)…but now, I still can’t reach it. I get the startup tones, and my router shows that it’s been assigned an IP…but I can’t reach volumio. Any assistance would be appreciated…I don’t mean to thread-jack. Thanx.

how did you install the image on the SD-card?

1 Like

False alarm!! It turned out to be some glitch with my MOCA adapter, but I panicked. Many thanks for responding, though. I used Balena Etcher to flash the image to the card.

Thx again!!

I realize this thread is a few months old…but does this mean the ASIX driver for the ALLO USBridge will be included in future releases of Volumio??

Many thanks!!

yes, it’s included

1 Like

Great work here. Congrats on the fix. I have been sitting on my USBridge Signature for over 2 years and finally have the time to install it in my audio system and home network. I have over 1TB of CD and high rez files (some DSD included) to access over my home network. Would it be advisable to use the latest Volumio version to avoid some of the playback issues I have seen flagged on various forums and sites? Just flash VERSION: 3.742 RELEASE DATE: 22-07-2024 and go? Will there be a need for any other driver or soft/hard ware updates to run? Thanks much, JIm

Hi Jim,

Yes, no further drivers / updates needed, as far as I know. Working for me with my USBridge Signature anyway!

Best regards,

Antony