Allo Dac + kali + Volt plus: housing project

Little update:
I think the little monster (Volt Plus) has improved after 40 and more hours always on.
The sounds seem more defined and the separation between the instruments seems clearer.
Of course, it could be all in my head…maybe…
I’m waiting to buy the 19 Volt power supply because my bro, maybe, will give me a linear 19 volt psu kit very nice, it was destiny :slight_smile:
What I like is that I can mount psu inside the box…i like that very much…
:slight_smile:
Kali psu is coming :smiley:

You will get the biggest improvement on the 19V PSU (either sw or linear)

Allo, i was reading about a guy that have a bad experience with a linear (24v) psu. The best SQ improvement, for him, was a 19V laptop psu. Based on your experience, do you think that a linear psu can create problems or the real improvement was caused by the use of 19V psu instead 24V?

Real improvement was by going to 19V.

The original RPi3 Wart is good enough to power the RPi3, Kali and DAC boards. I am doing this right now via the Kali barrel connector.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Sadly, the Allo power supply does not solve the problem i had: with or without jumper, with only Allo psu (jumper on) or Allo+rpi psu (jumper off) audio engine stops randomly, light flashes, web interface become very slow, as you can see in my two videos.
I dont have any idea. All works good only if i remove Kali…
first video: Allo supply only and jumper on
youtu.be/0ZRLkR8KpT0
Second video: Allo and rpi3 supply, jumper off
youtu.be/AYN_6Wifbdg
Help :frowning:

Send an email to fabiola@allo.com with your order number. She will send you a replacement tomorrow.

When you have a chance resend the faulty unit back

Thanks Allo, great support… i like very much your method to do business :slight_smile:

Mail sent, tnx!

A little step… added a superlinear psu with a big toroidal…
I was wondering: really i want to housing the dac too? A new good dac from Allo is coming and maybe… in the future, another again and again. Maybe this housing project will be only for Volt + amp… maybe…

Marcello , got a new toy for you.

Stepped attenuator , 24 position for your Volt+

0.1% thin film SMD resistors (audio grade) . How good are you with a soldering iron ?

Wow… what do you have in your hat? Im a good solder… but i cant solder msd… :frowning: is needed?

Allo…

[emoji38]

We have a stepped attenuator that needs to be connected to your Volt. There is some desoldering of resistors on the board and connecting the attenuator ? Are you up for it and then post the review ?

Yes… i can :smiley: Send me instructions by email and let me know how buy attenuator … a review and a little tutorial? Yes… i can :slight_smile:

Review= free of charge

Oh yes! Thanks… so, i wait instructions in my email… i send you a PM :slight_smile:

Allo, do you have attenuator’s assembly instructions?

A little step again for my “slow” project: a wonderful black box by hifi2000 and spare material (ofc copper wires, speakers connectors etc) from audiophonics… this sounds good? This will by my main amp so im giving the best i can :slight_smile:

There is a DAP at Audiophonics with an Odroid c2 and es9018, without those two, but with sparky, kali, piano 2/2.1, would look quite nice too.