Adding Tidal Connect

My theory is that it means MQA passthrough. Meaning when on, just pass the requested MQA file untouched to my Dac that has the ability to do the full MQA decode. I have a dac that can do the full decode and it works just fine this way.

tidal apk cannot see volumio on mini pc. Tidal connet in volumio included.

I have the same only volumio on pc

RPI 3+ - usb - chord mojo
Vol: 2,878

Mmmm
Tidal connect stops working when i activate Brutefir (dsp for volumio), no filters active,
Volumio is not available in Tidal app / tidal connect not available

When I deactivate brutefir everything works fine.

Activatings Brutefir doesn’t affect , other playback options (radio, spotify connect)

Mixer = software

Does anybody recognize this behavior?

Thanks Max,

I tried the connection via Tidal PC app this morning and it’s working. Also can now connect via iOS app. Promising, I hope it stays stable.

Some troubleshooting FAQ’s

Please make sure you are on the latest version of volumio (v2.882)

Known issues

• Tidal Connect does not work on the raspberry pi’s 3.5mm analog output
  • On Volumio jessie there are compatability issues with some USB dacs. This will be fixed in Volumio buster. See below for a workaround.
  • Tidal Connect does not work on rpi0 at the moment. We are working on a fix.

Is Tidal Connect compatible with my DSP plugin?

Unfortionately no, DSP plugins are for local playback only. If you are experiencing issues please disable the plugin. This will be fixed in the upcoming buster release of volumio.

Volumio is not visible in the Tidal App (iOS, Android or Desktop)

Go to Settings → Sources → Functionalities Control and disable → enable Tidal Connect.

• Seeing the blue toast message saying Tidal Connect is Ready? Tidal Connect does not seem to work when shairport is disabled. Please enable it on the sources page. We are investigating this issue. Otherwise your problem could be network related. Please check if the Tidal App is on the same network, please also try using the same wifi band if possible. Some older routers could have issues with mDNS (Bonjour), please check your router’s compatibility. Restarting your router seems to work in some cases. You could also try to disable / enable other plugins using mdns.

• Not seeing the blue toast message? Your problem could be a compatability issue with your sound device, or something different. Please post your logs surrounding “STARTING TidalConnect services” and information about the sound device you are using. We are gathering information to fix it. As a workaround, please select Settings → Playback Options → Volume Options → Mixer Type → Software and save your settings.

Volumio is visible in the Tidal app, but I am not hearing any sound when I play a track

Make sure nothing is playing. Then:
Go to Settings → Sources → Functionalities Control and disable → enable Tidal Connect. Or try restarting volumio.

Please check the volume slider and mute button in the Tidal app or on volumio. Volumio takes over the volume settings from the app. If this doesn’t work, please post your logs surrounding “STARTING TidalConnect services” and the point where you started to play a track.

When you post:

Please tell us about your gear and configuration, and post logs if possible.

1 Like

Settings → Sources → Functionalities Control and disable → enable Tidal Connect.==>

I cant find any tidal connect here-what is that I am doing wrong? :slight_smile:

same screen in the android app: I cant find the button to enable tidal connect. In both devices there is a seperate button for tidal (log in and log out).

Thank you!

Have you updated to the latest volumio version (2.878)?

So I just installed 2.878 mainly so I could try out Tidal Connect. Is there some magic to make this work? I tried on my iphone, laptop and hardwired desktop with no luck. I don’t see Volumio as a source (granted I can still use Airplay). I also tried enabling / disabling Tidal Connect to no avail. The only thing I haven’t tried is logging in and out of Tidal on Volumio. Let me know if anyone has some suggestions.

3 Likes

Which Dac do you have? Can you select software mixer? Does that work?

1 Like

Hello! Same here, just upgraded my membership from free to virtusio just to enjoy tidal with volumio.

No it is not working for me also…

Anyone can help?

-all software is up to date,
-all devices are on the same wifi
-I turn off and on all the devices (raspberry and android phone)

What is next?

Are you logged into Tidal through Volumio?

If so try logging out.

Just a thought

1 Like

Please jump on the other thread and tell us which hardware you use and which DAC you use.
With this info we can fix it.

I updated what I believe is the main post.

Hi, thank you! Which other tread? I am using a onboard dac but the problem is in the tidal application I cant see the volumio option.

I will jump to the other thread if I can find it…

1 Like

Yes I did. I am lisatening tidal via Volumio desktob now…But in the Tidal app I could not find volumio…

Same here, doesn’t work!

Sir I guess I should thank you. Updating the system to v2.878 now, fingers crossed!

quick update: it works!
Thank you!!

For music lovers who isntalled volumio months ago and forget about it: just update the system: not the app in your phone but Volumio! :slight_smile:
DO NOT FORGET TO UPDATE THE SYSTEM