Adding folders/subfolders to playlists

Ok, guys and gals, I apologize. I’ve been away for quite awhile, but am coming back. Used Volumio in 2015-16-17-18. Made changes -not important, but recently, decided to simplify my system, by replacing my preamp/dac/streamer/etc with an all in one device. My first foray was to try the NAD C-658. With that you are strapped to BluOS. I’ve been streaming a very long time, since 1999 in some form or fashion, went through Squeezeboxes Logitech Media Server off and on as well. And three nice years in the Volumio fold. My point is I have an organized file system. Device->Genre->Artist → Album->Songs. I make many playlists, usually adding an entire album at once. And that is the source of my question. I’m sure I remember doing this before, but just want to make sure. I’ve been skimming for awhile through forums and the documentation, but just haven’t seen a definitive answer or example.

CAN I ADD AN ENTIRE FOLDER OR SUBFOLDER TO A PLAYLIST?

Like I said it’s really always an album that I’m adding. And surprisingly to me, you cannot do that in BluOS. You can only add one Song at a time. Since I’m an album listener, adding all those individual songs would be tedious and time consuming.

I promise, that’s it! And I apologize again, for asking. I’m sure it’s a basic thing. But before I buy something else that includes a streaming app, I want to make sure. I asked the NAD people before bought it, if it supported “folder view”. “Sure” they said, but I didn’t think to ask about adding those files to a playlist, and what was supported.

Thanks!

Daina

You can add your queue in a playlist it will all in the list
Playlists don’t have a sub folder.

I believe you misunderstood me. Of course, playlists do not have subfolders, but that is not what I am asking about…

Let me try again.

Lets say, I am in Music Folder mode
Lets say I have my own genres, one of which I have called Alternative
Inside Alternative are a number of artists, including, for instance, Smashing Pumpkins
Inside Smashing Pumpkins are several albums, one called Gish
Inside Gish are the individual songs of this album

Can I add Gish to a Playlist?
Not asking or interested in Queue.

Genre->
Artist->
Album-> WANT TO ADD THIS TO A PLAYLIST
Song->

Best,

Daina

I think what you’re looking for is browsing via music library, or artist, or album then it is possible.
In genre is no multiple layered folder structure, but still possible.

Select Album:

Add to Playlist:

Lets rock:

In Genre mode it is still possible, but you need some scrolling:

We may have it. I think where I’m confusing people (besides of being long winded) is exactly
WHERE “genre”, “artist”, “album” and “songs” are coming from - THESE ARE SIMPLY THE LABELS THEY REPRESENT IN MY OWN FOLDERS ON MY HARD DRIVE. THEY ARE NOT THE LABELS ON THE LEFT SIDE OF THE HOME SCREEN.

Other than “My Folder” and “Playlists”, I rarely pay any attention to the other labels on the left side of the main screen. I know I could probably use the app’s labels, but I don’t because I’ve already organized it on my hard drive a long time ago. Take a look and I think you’ll get it. I’ve created my own labels just using what my computer’s file explorer gave me. I started 23 years ago - there was no Volumio. I used WinAmp as I recall. So, I had to do my own organizing. It’s definitely not perfect, but I can find all my own music.

So when you look at my hard drive, these are the major folders I have. I created the genre names, so, I’m never wondering where anything is - I created them! :wink: I think this will get us on the same page.

So, really I just want to know if, while in MUSIC LIBRARY mode, can I add an entire sub folder? In most cases, the album.

So, now - take a look:
You will see the top level is my genres, then you see one level down - my artists within each genre. The next level are the individual albums by each of these artists. That is the level at which I usually “add to playlist”.

So, looking at Linkin Park, for instance - within Linkin Park are a number of albums including Minutes to Midnight. I want to add Minutes to Midnight to a Playlist.

Hope that clears it up.

Thanks again!

Daina

My passport Linkin Park

Here’s what my folders look like in Logitech Media Server. And BluOS. I believe it was very similar in Volumio last I used it. As you can see, they are very similar.

Hey there,

Sorry, I just re-read your post, and I may have misread it, or perhaps you edited it? Either way, YES, what I’m looking for is browsing via music library, specifically, (or artist, or album) and if it is possible, then I’m golden. If I have that right, then there was no need for another of my long posts! :wink:

But thank you!

Daina

Nope didn’t edit my post. in fact the first sreenshots are via the music library.

Thanks again. Yeah, the second sentence through me off but the picture looked very familiar and was why I thought we were on the same page.

Best,

Daina