Adding a album in spotify to volumio play list does not work.....or should it? bug or feature?

This is such a struggle…fix one thing, break two, repeat. Here is the latest issue:

I ‘upgraded’ to the newest Volumio build 3.569, (current stable release) on a RPi4, 8GB memory, headphone output.
Using an older version of Spotify plugin (3.0.6) and it had flakey behavior, when selecting a track from spotify, sometimes it would ‘remember’ the prior 5, maybe 6 tracks and play 1-2 sec of each of the previous tracks and finally play the one I had selected. So, removed old plugin, powercycled RPI, installed the newest 4.0.3…

The weird playback behavior didn’t happen but, a new unexpected behavior…I select an album from Spotify and say Add to playlist. I get a confirmation window that says it was added, go to my volumo playlist, and it is not there! hmmmmm

go back to the album, select a single track, Add to playlist, and behold! it is there!
So is this a bug? or a feature that only single tracks from spotify can be added to the play list??? Fix? Workaround? (like how to select a bunch of tracks at the same time and say add to playlist?)
Yet another evening burned with volumio fun
Thank you

I managed to reproduce your issue, it is definitely a bug

it does work if I add the album to the queue, it does not work if I add the album to a playlist.

as a temporary workaround, until the bug is fixed, you can add the album to the queue, and then save the queue as a playlist, eventually overwriting the old one

@volumio what is the best place to add this into the list of bugs?

Thank you for confirming that I am not crazy and my intuitive understanding of how a play list should work is correct. I appreciate the effort you put in to check this, as well as a work around.

I’ll ask a question but don’t really expect an answer…how can the testing team miss this (obvious?) scenario? yea, I know…Thanks again

showing my ignorance with the new interface…how do I see the queue??? and then save the queue? (I assume there are buttons to clear and save the queue in the queue window but thought I’d ask, as intuition doesn’t always work)
Thanks again

click the album cover at the bottom to take you to the main info screen
then what looks like a burger menu with a musical note in the bottom left…click that to take you to the queue.

Ohhh, OK, clicking on the album cover will display album cover in the center of the display window, then clicking that album cover again then displays the queue, and the icons at the top let you save queue, clear queue, etc.
Double clicking on the album cover in lower left toggles the views…never occurred to me to double click to toggle view…how intuitive (not).
Thanks again

I agree The manifest UI is not the most intuitive.
There needs to be a way to go straight from the search/browse music to the queue and straight from the queue to the search/browse without going through the main menu/info screen.
You can do this with the classic menu, but then you miss out on the other tweeks of manifest.