Add Audio in to Allo Volt (typically RCA in)

Hello,

I’ve got a RPI + Allo Boss DAC + Allo Volt configuration. It sounds very nice, but I miss an entry from other audio sources. So I’d like to add an audio in (for example RCA in) to the volt, in the same way Volt+ has one. Do you think it’s possible?

The audio comes from the Allo DAC through the J20 connector below (8way header)
volt-amp 2 mid.jpg

The pinout is:
1-2-7-8: Ground
3-5: Audio Right
4-6: Audio Left

What I’m intending to do is to solder 3 wires to unused pins from it (1 for ground, 3 for Right and 6 for Left). Then I can connect 2 RCA connectors to them.

What do you think? Thank you for your help!

Volt amp manual is available here and you’ll find below 2 HD pictures of the bottom for Volt and Volt +.
[Post moved from wrong “Amp” Category
VoltPlus 3.png
volt-amp 2.jpg

Hi,
I think, you choosed not good way. Better option is use independent board Allo volt+ or similar. But If you really want use Allo volt raspberry pi hat, you will need do something like this.

I bet, all J20 pins for ground, left and right channel will be connected together. You can try it by multimeter. If yes, you must use audio switch. When you unsolder J20 connector, you get space and disconect analog connection (left/ right channel) between DAC and AMP. Now you can connect DAC to audio switch to AUX1, your second audio device to audio switch AUX2 and Allo Volt amp to audio switch output.

Beware about volume! Your DAC can control output volume level, your second audio device does not have to do that. Your DAC can sound quiet and second audio device loud. You can connect stepped attenuator. Then you can control volume manualy to resolve this situation (DAC volume is 100% of cource).

aliexpress.com/item/Aiyima- … autifyAB=0

Thank you @xlisec !