A simple streamer

Hi.

Here is the streamer that I have just made. Is just a first prototype to check if all fits fine. I just wanted a device that allow me to stream music from Tidal or online radio from my desk to my music system at the other side of the room (About 7 meters). I’m using a Senheiser USB Bluetooth adapter that allow Aptx HD.

A new 3D printed body will come with a better and nicer material. Also with a couple of improvements, like an start monetary switch like in the next render, and provably a power management board to simplify all the internal cable management.

I hope you like it.

8 Likes

I love it!

yes I like it

Super!

I really like the design layout, with the larger screen panel.

1 Like

Is a 7 inch Luckfox touchscreen. I have to say that this company have a great customer service. When I asked for some dimensions of the screen, they sent me the full CAD of it. And they also made the config.txt and user config.txt files when I had problems to get Image from the RPI. By the way, is a RPI 4 with 2 GB of RAM.

1 Like

Hi,
that looks great. My prototype is still mounted on a piece of an old shelf. Do you have the 3d print files published somewhere (thingiserve for example)? I would also like to use this case for my installation.
Beste Grüße
M.

Hallo,

noch nicht. Not jet. As I say, I´m going to make a second case with a couple of improvements. For example the screen frame in the CAD was fine, but the printed part in PLA was a little bit small in X, and I had to sand it a bit to fit the screen. But once is done, I will share the files and a bill of materials needed for the assembly.

1 Like

Great! I can hardly wait!

I´m still working in the modifications in the case before asking my friend to print me the part. I want to include a Micro SD card extension cable. Now the SD card reader of the Pi is not accessible, and the PI should be disassembled to operate it. I didn´t touch it since I build the prototype, but I think is good “nice to have”. It means that I will have to make the rear of the case about 20mm longer (Or include a M.2 SSD board and let the case like it is now).
But the main change in my concept is removing the Bluetooth of the equation. I bought a second Raspberry Pi 4 2Gb to use it as slave unit next to my DAC. With an Argon One V2 case.
I hope to have the slave unit in working in a couple of weeks. Now come the most complicate part of the project for me, the scrips for the Argon One fan and on of button.