Volumio x86 + PeppyMeter

Thanks, just changed the sequence in my instructions. Seems indeed related to some later changes.

1 Like

Good evening. Everything worked out. I took the folder 1024x600 from the plugin, renamed it to wine, registered the name from instead of random meter.txt and your permission, rebooted and everything works. Now the question is: I wanted to use large (600x480) on my 1024x600, I read everything, but I still didn’t understand how to place it in the middle. The black stripes on the right and bottom look bad. Maybe who knows?

Peppy will calculate everything from the top left corner.
So if you want to use a weird format, in regards to your screen dimension, you need to:

• Create a new background 1024x600 and position the 600x480 in the center and save it as “xxxxx-bgr”
  • Modify the meters.txt with all new positions

Instructions can be found here:

1 Like

Hi, I have a question regarding Peppymeter installation. I have an X86 configuration with Volumio version 3.576 installed connected via hdmi cable to a 4K TV. I am interested in whether the Pappy meter would work on this system and if it is not a touch screen but a regular TV. And if you can explain how to install it, since I found it on the forum today and tried to install it, everything worked, but when I restart it, the text mode starts, that is, the command line.

Which instructions did you follow?

this instruction

and this

I should reflash your SD or factory reset your device and use the instructions given here.

Thanks for the answer, now I will read what you sent. I reset the device to factory settings and now it works, but I will try again to install Peppy meter from the link you sent.

I did as you wrote, how should I run it now to test if it works.

Play music. the script has a 10 second delay. Peppy should start after 10 seconds

I tested it and here’s how it looks for me.

you need to get templates for your screen resolution, please look here.
Not sure if your resolution is on the list, normally people check this first.

And is it possible to set only one skin in the settings to stand, for example, on VU meters and not spin everything in order. I would like to put one that I like. How do I find out what resolution is set on my system, my TV is 4K. I’m sorry for being so boring, I downloaded the templates from that link, but how do I insert them now?

Please read this topic from the start.
As it is all mentioned here. for example:

I can’t tell your screen resolution read your TV’s manual

But that link you sent me, I can’t see how to insert topics, but I can see how to set the resolution. In which directory should I move the themes I downloaded.

1 Like

Which command should I use to edit config.txt because it is not specified.

1 Like

either with nano in the terminal, or notepad++ in windows.
If I recall correctly, as I have no x86 with display running in" /home/volumio/PeppyMeter/Templates

I don’t have that directory

then for the time being, rename the current folder “wide” to “wide.bak”
create a new folder “wide” and past the content (files) to that folder.

If I find time next week I will reinstall peppy on on of my laptops.
As this was a while ago, and can’t recall everything. Need to dig in again.

Thanks man.