Volumio x86 + PeppyMeter

I bought an LCD for WYSE a week too late :rofl:

the only thing you can try is using this url for download, no guaranty though:
https://community.volumio.org/uploads/short-url/bUZ6KlbUuyCPgvwLmsLytLhUzw.zip

Step 2 becomes then:

cd ~
wget https://community.volumio.org/uploads/short-url/bUZ6KlbUuyCPgvwLmsLytLhUzw.zip
miniunzip bUZ6KlbUuyCPgvwLmsLytLhUzw.zip -d ./
rm bUZ6KlbUuyCPgvwLmsLytLhUzw.zip
cd Install_peppy
chmod 755 *.sh
sudo ./install_peppyalsa.sh
sudo ./install_PeppyMeter.sh
sudo reboot

Is it important step ?? :slight_smile:

Setting up fakeroot (1.23-1) …
update-alternatives: using /usr/bin/fakeroot-sysv to provide /usr/bin/fakeroot (fakeroot) in auto mode
update-alternatives: warning: skip creation of /usr/share/man/es/man1/fakeroot.1.gz because associated file /usr/share/man/es/man1/fakeroot-sysv.1.gz (of link group fakeroot) doesn’t exist
update-alternatives: warning: skip creation of /usr/share/man/es/man1/faked.1.gz because associated file /usr/share/man/es/man1/faked-sysv.1.gz (of link group fakeroot) doesn’t exist
update-alternatives: warning: skip creation of /usr/share/man/fr/man1/fakeroot.1.gz because associated file /usr/share/man/fr/man1/fakeroot-sysv.1.gz (of link group fakeroot) doesn’t exist
update-alternatives: warning: skip creation of /usr/share/man/fr/man1/faked.1.gz because associated file /usr/share/man/fr/man1/faked-sysv.1.gz (of link group fakeroot) doesn’t exist
update-alternatives: warning: skip creation of /usr/share/man/sv/man1/fakeroot.1.gz because associated file /usr/share/man/sv/man1/fakeroot-sysv.1.gz (of link group fakeroot) doesn’t exist
update-alternatives: warning: skip creation of /usr/share/man/sv/man1/faked.1.gz because associated file /usr/share/man/sv/man1/faked-sysv.1.gz (of link group fakeroot) doesn’t exist
Setting up libasan5:amd64 (8.3.0-6) …

yeah seems important to me…

Ran a few test and started Peppy with the default installer from @2aCD .
download link:.

Only thing needed to sort out is that i needed to start it manually:
cd /data/plugins/user_interface/peppy_screensaver

export DISPLAY=:0
sudo python3 volumio_peppymeter.py

@2aCD

Hi Falk.
Tested the plugin on a x86. (Download from post 7)
Install ran without issues, even was able to run it when starting manually.
Either by modifying run_peppymeter.sh with: sudo python3 volumio_peppymeter.py
or start peppy by sudo bash run_peppymeter.sh (Without adding the sudo).

Any suggestion to have it start by the plugin itself?

For me it’s ok this way as it opens the door to start/stop peppy by GPIO, but for x86 users it would enable them to run peppy, straight out of the box.

start:
sudo bash /data/plugins/user_interface/peppy_screensaver/peppymeter/run_peppymeter.sh

Stop:
rm /tmp/peppyrunning

1 Like

I got mine working and needed to manually start as well. This functionality is a game changer!
How do I remove the upper left piece that has the song title in it? txs

also, now that I have my BT remote and trigger happy working, maybe there is a way I could turn the peppymeter on with my remote?

put # in front of playinfo.title.pos
in meters.txt (with the selected skin) or remove this line

1 Like

Just got feedback form @2aCD for a different way to control stop.
I will test it tomorrow and report back.
Make sure to buy him a :beer: (and @Gelo5 gets one too)
Volumio thrives on community members like them.

1 Like

@Wheaten , I think you deserve the biggest beer. This is your solution

1 Like

Already having one :slight_smile:

1 Like

Updated the script with the info received from @2aCD

1 Like

Yesterday after install PM, I can’t use any sound output ( not exist ), after uninstall PM everything works. I install new clean copy and will try one more time

I can start peppymeter as you have indicated, however if I shake the mouse, it will drop to the normal volumio UI and not go back to the screensaver.

that’s correct. Peppy is a screensaver, so if you shake your mouse the process will be terminated.
In that case you need t start Peppy again.

As stated above, it needs to be sorted out. Maybe this weekend as I am occupied now getting peppy to be controlled by RC and/or GPIO on the rPi.

1 Like

@jocoman
you can disable the mouse support in peppy screen saver plugin.
@Wheaten
can you please test, if the delete of file then also stops the meter display

1 Like

Tested:
Terminal 1:
sudo bash /data/plugins/user_interface/peppy_screensaver/peppymeter/run_peppymeter.sh

Terminal 2:
sudo rm /tmp/peppyrunning

Peppy stops running.

1 Like

I tried 3 times on Wyse. All times crashed Volumio. Usb output not working, NAS disconnected etc…

Probably I did something wrong on installation

You can’t do much wrong, it’s just downloading the plugin and install it.

Yes. The same like in Pi.

After installation Volumio works till turn on PM plugin