Volumio x86 + PeppyMeter

Then for me this stops, Sorry.
it was only a proof of concept.

If someone else want to sort this out, you’re welcome.

I bought an LCD for WYSE a week too late :rofl:

the only thing you can try is using this url for download, no guaranty though:
https://community.volumio.org/uploads/short-url/bUZ6KlbUuyCPgvwLmsLytLhUzw.zip

Step 2 becomes then:

cd ~
wget https://community.volumio.org/uploads/short-url/bUZ6KlbUuyCPgvwLmsLytLhUzw.zip
miniunzip bUZ6KlbUuyCPgvwLmsLytLhUzw.zip -d ./
rm bUZ6KlbUuyCPgvwLmsLytLhUzw.zip
cd Install_peppy
chmod 755 *.sh
sudo ./install_peppyalsa.sh
sudo ./install_PeppyMeter.sh
sudo reboot

Is it important step ?? :slight_smile:

Setting up fakeroot (1.23-1) …
update-alternatives: using /usr/bin/fakeroot-sysv to provide /usr/bin/fakeroot (fakeroot) in auto mode
update-alternatives: warning: skip creation of /usr/share/man/es/man1/fakeroot.1.gz because associated file /usr/share/man/es/man1/fakeroot-sysv.1.gz (of link group fakeroot) doesn’t exist
update-alternatives: warning: skip creation of /usr/share/man/es/man1/faked.1.gz because associated file /usr/share/man/es/man1/faked-sysv.1.gz (of link group fakeroot) doesn’t exist
update-alternatives: warning: skip creation of /usr/share/man/fr/man1/fakeroot.1.gz because associated file /usr/share/man/fr/man1/fakeroot-sysv.1.gz (of link group fakeroot) doesn’t exist
update-alternatives: warning: skip creation of /usr/share/man/fr/man1/faked.1.gz because associated file /usr/share/man/fr/man1/faked-sysv.1.gz (of link group fakeroot) doesn’t exist
update-alternatives: warning: skip creation of /usr/share/man/sv/man1/fakeroot.1.gz because associated file /usr/share/man/sv/man1/fakeroot-sysv.1.gz (of link group fakeroot) doesn’t exist
update-alternatives: warning: skip creation of /usr/share/man/sv/man1/faked.1.gz because associated file /usr/share/man/sv/man1/faked-sysv.1.gz (of link group fakeroot) doesn’t exist
Setting up libasan5:amd64 (8.3.0-6) …

yeah seems important to me…

Ran a few test and started Peppy with the default installer from @2aCD .
download link:.

Only thing needed to sort out is that i needed to start it manually:
cd /data/plugins/user_interface/peppy_screensaver

export DISPLAY=:0
sudo python3 volumio_peppymeter.py

@2aCD

Hi Falk.
Tested the plugin on a x86. (Download from post 7)
Install ran without issues, even was able to run it when starting manually.
Either by modifying run_peppymeter.sh with: sudo python3 volumio_peppymeter.py
or start peppy by sudo bash run_peppymeter.sh (Without adding the sudo).

Any suggestion to have it start by the plugin itself?

For me it’s ok this way as it opens the door to start/stop peppy by GPIO, but for x86 users it would enable them to run peppy, straight out of the box.

start:
sudo bash /data/plugins/user_interface/peppy_screensaver/peppymeter/run_peppymeter.sh

Stop:
rm /tmp/peppyrunning

1 Like

I got mine working and needed to manually start as well. This functionality is a game changer!
How do I remove the upper left piece that has the song title in it? txs

also, now that I have my BT remote and trigger happy working, maybe there is a way I could turn the peppymeter on with my remote?

put # in front of playinfo.title.pos
in meters.txt (with the selected skin) or remove this line

1 Like

Just got feedback form @2aCD for a different way to control stop.
I will test it tomorrow and report back.
Make sure to buy him a :beer: (and @Gelo5 gets one too)
Volumio thrives on community members like them.

1 Like

@Wheaten , I think you deserve the biggest beer. This is your solution

1 Like

Already having one :slight_smile:

1 Like

Updated the script with the info received from @2aCD

1 Like

Yesterday after install PM, I can’t use any sound output ( not exist ), after uninstall PM everything works. I install new clean copy and will try one more time

I can start peppymeter as you have indicated, however if I shake the mouse, it will drop to the normal volumio UI and not go back to the screensaver.

that’s correct. Peppy is a screensaver, so if you shake your mouse the process will be terminated.
In that case you need t start Peppy again.

As stated above, it needs to be sorted out. Maybe this weekend as I am occupied now getting peppy to be controlled by RC and/or GPIO on the rPi.

1 Like

@jocoman
you can disable the mouse support in peppy screen saver plugin.
@Wheaten
can you please test, if the delete of file then also stops the meter display

1 Like

Tested:
Terminal 1:
sudo bash /data/plugins/user_interface/peppy_screensaver/peppymeter/run_peppymeter.sh

Terminal 2:
sudo rm /tmp/peppyrunning

Peppy stops running.

1 Like

I tried 3 times on Wyse. All times crashed Volumio. Usb output not working, NAS disconnected etc…

Probably I did something wrong on installation

You can’t do much wrong, it’s just downloading the plugin and install it.