Our Dutch Sharon made it to Florida ![]()
As already announced, I wanted to test the Starkrimson Mono Premium amplifier with the MP-701 tube preamplifier. The friend with the preamplifier will be here next week. It will be on March 27th. Of course I won’t withhold the result of the little private sound check from you ![]()
We also want to finally compare the Soekris DAM1021 with the other I2S DACs… I’m very curious about that…
Thank you Leo for the update on your DEMO playlist. Will check some tracks next week ![]()
Last week i had the small soundcheck with the MP 701 tube preamp.
My guest is an orchestra conductor by profession. I was fascinated by how quickly and clearly he was able to perceive and articulate differences.
And yes. Improvements were immediately audible. The overtones stood out more and resulted in more brilliance and color. The instruments were easier to imagine - the picture of instrument in brain was more detailed. The difference was not as great as between the different amplifiers, but clearly perceptible. So I can at least recommend the MP 701 (I had it in the standard version). In particular, I recommend using a tube amplifier with the Orchard Audio Starkrimson amplifiers!
It will certainly increase the joy of listening.
Then we listened to the SOEKRIS dam 1021-12, detailed, wide. Instruments and voices were easy to distinguish. The DAC is definitely in the league of the best! One of my favorite now.
Forecast:
I am now going to build a DIY tube amplifier to further improve my chain.
Aufbau- und Nachbauanleitung Tube ONE - André Buscher Audiotechnik - Puristische Eintaktverstärker
Afterwards I will want to listen to 8 different I2S DAC devices in a soundcheck. ![]()
Have a nice day.

