Volumio Rivo first impressions

it is very relevant, because of the kernel used for the Rivo :wink:

Ah ā€¦ just realised (from the info on the /dev/ page) that I can turn on SSH access on the Rivo as well :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

I can only assume that the first line is for the WANDLA; wouldā€™ve expected a nicer name, as for the Samsung SSD drive, though :frowning:

volumio@rivo:~$ lsusb
Bus 002 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0003 Linux Foundation 3.0 root hub
Bus 001 Device 007: ID 3336:003c
Bus 001 Device 006: ID 2e8a:0005
Bus 001 Device 005: ID 0424:2514 Standard Microsystems Corp. USB 2.0 Hub
Bus 001 Device 010: ID 04e8:61f5 Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd Portable SSD T5
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 1a40:0801 Terminus Technology Inc.
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

I guessed wrong: after disconnecting the DAC, the second line disappeared.

I think we need the log after all, there may be other issues we canā€™t see here, sorry

could be the dac and a related HID connected (volume control, fwd, bwd whatever)

1 Like

suggest to move this through PM and publish the result here, OK?

Edit
Solution suggestion, to add Ferrum Wandla to the kernel usb audio quirks, was picked up by the devs.
There is no ETA, but possibly in the next+1 or next+2 release.

Thanks guys for the very constructive feedbacks! We hear you.

Regarding the optimization of the Quick Start Guide and the general setup informations, from tomorrow weā€™ll look at them.

Regarding the Wandla, we are already working to get DSD Direct supported (might take a month or 2 for the update to land).

For the CD, all points taken.

Thanks guys, this helps us improve.

Michelangelo

1 Like

which colour would you like for the button?

Everything but shining black, if the front decal is black.

I am really looking forward to the new release to test my touch panelā€¦ do you know when the release takes place ?

Be
Gregor

Black on black?

1 Like

Not for me, I like the Orange, especially on a black matt decal. :slight_smile:
But to come up with a replacement color for Orange plastic knobā€¦
I do think black matt on a black matt decal is not a bad option.
(but then again, I canā€™t even combine my clothes, without being send back to changeā€¦)

I do like the current color scheme, but it might be very dominant in a room, as the majority of hifi gear is sober black or dark grey.

:joy: :joy: :joy:

Just released :wink:

Great thanks, it works! So touch panel can now be touched :wink:

1 Like

Assuming that the grey outer casing would remain, I would prefer the button to match the outer casing.

With the fewest modifications to your existing parts, this would be my preferred combination:
-current grey outer shell
-primo matt black front
-grey button matching outer shell

Unless itā€™s cut from aluminium, I would agree that plain black/black-on-black might lack style for some. But until aluminium is the material, I think that a 2 tone/colour scheme would be preferable.

Preferable to me, everyone has a different taste and there is nothing wrong with thatā€¦

1 Like

I also think that grey on black might look rather stylish and certainly low key.

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Grey looks nice too. Often buttons are easy to pull on and of. I havenā€™t seen one in the flesh, but if itā€™s a relatively cheap part, why not include 2 or 3 options in the box? Or let existing customers order their favourite colour.

Like the thought, but thatā€™s a logistical nightmare :joy:

Hi all dears volumio community,
Are they some peuple that have comparate an allo usbridge SIG with the Rivo ? I m talking just about sound quality.
Thanks for your responses.