Volumio clicks or pop noise while changing songs

strange that your screen seems to be a dac with you?
do you have a dac ?
can you post a log file so we could see what’s going on.

And read if this is your case:

1 Like

http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/0e1Nlrk.html

Expecting your kind support on this :pray:

Please try the same with vanilla function from Volumio, like a local library and check if this still happens.
All I see are youtube tracks, which is a 3rd party plugin.
For youtube post in the corresponding topic:

Yes it is happening in all… Youtube, radio, USB… While Skipping next or previous, or seek bar also if the song changes automatically in the starting and end of the tracks can hear a click or pop noise…

Seems your DAC is causing more issues.

You can try to test with a cabled network. Just to be sure there is no network problem

Same thing (pops between tracks) here in all my setups (4 Volumio instances on Pi3 / Pi4 with different HifiBerry DACs) - seems to be inherent in Volumio - no solution yet.
I assume it has to do with a short “digital zero” between songs which results in a “pop” being output.
So far, I only found one way to reduce the problem: The “pop” volume seems to be independent of the volume setting in Volumio. So, setting Volumio volume high and amplifier volume low makes the pops less audible.
BTW: no similar pops when running HifiBerryOS instead of Volumio

What DAC do you have? Please try to report the exact model (or a picture of the PCB, if you don’t know)

These are the HiFiBerry boards I am using / have been using:
DAC+ Standard (HW 2.6)
Amp2 (1.0)
DAC+ DSP
Beocreate 4CA

your log shows:

sorry for the confusion: the above excerpt is from Naveen’s log; I listed my DACs in response to Darmur’s query

Sorry my bad, Thought it was your list, due to the icon color.

An addition to this, inspired by the excerpt from Naveen’s log:
I undug “My First Volumio” :smiley:, ordered from Volumio shop back in 2017 which features an IQaudIO DAC Plus on Pi3: pops are there, thus confirming Naveen’s observation.
I can also confirm that they become relatively more audible the lower the Volumio volume setting - practically inaudible with Volumio volume 80% and amp volume low.
However, that “remedy” does not work in cases where DAC and amp are combined in the Pi HAT, like HifiBerry’s Amp2 or BeoCreate, because there is only one combined volume control.

Still not solved my issue… Expecting your kind support.

Hello.

I have the same problem.
Did you find a solution?

thx.

RPI 3+B
+
external ES9028Q2M I2S input decoder board ,
Connection via IS2 gpio pins.

Super sound, but the speaker clicks and bounces when switching between tracks.
On the SD card, USB drive, web radio or youtube, everywhere.
There is no popping during playback.

I also have an RPI IQ Audio+ dac, it doesn’t pop. It connects directly to the RPI3 panel.
The ES9028 has a better sound though,
and that’s why I want to use it .

what DAC did you select in the drop-down list, when you use the ES9028Q2M I2S input decoder board ?

the “ES9028Q2M I2S input decoder board” is NOT the same as “Audiophonics I-Sabre ES9028Q2M”, most probably it won’t work with that entry.

Hello.
I tried Generic I2S and more, but they all failed.
The solution for me from the list : “BassMantis-uHAT with I2S Mic” , no popping, problem solved.
Im happy :slight_smile:

thx

good to know, well done!

BassMantis-uHAT with I2S Mic makes use of a different generic I2S overlay, nice finding from you that with this one pop-noise is gone!