Volumio 3 Plugins store issues and discussion

Hi! Sorry for me being so slow at this.

We’ve identified the issue and we are working on a solution, will get in touch shortly

Thanks @volumio,

in my case balbuze already solved it yesterday.

Hi.
I hope I’m right here.
I tried really hard to submit a plugin named squeezelite.
Because I’m on a OEM Installation for a miniDSP SHD, everything seems to be more difficult because of the permissions etc.
Squeezelite Plugin on github

I finally made it to the point where volumio plugin submit worked to the same error gvolt had.

Compressing the plugin
Plugin succesfully compressed
Error adding plugin: Error: got 401 response

I’m logged in to MyVolumio (but I don’t know what this has to do with it anyway).

I guess it must have to do something with the OEM stuff?

Can I get some help please?

Some Infos:
Linux Kernel 5.4.75+ aarch64
Volumio Version 3.608
Board is a NanoPi Neo3

Regards,
Marcus

hello,
We do not support OEM here…
Sorry
Submit works only for owner of the plugin.
The plugin was not conform for volumio3.
There is a squeezllite_mc in the store.

Hello balbuze,
thanks for your reply.

AFAIK is the OEM repository for minidsp managed by volumio.

Can you maybe point me into the right direction for getting the squeezelite plugin available on the minidsp repository?

greetz
Marcus

Ok. Please @volumio can you answer.
TY

I tested the squeezelite_mc plugin on my dev-board and it looks like it’ll work on the miniDSP distribution without any changes.

So the task will probably just be to publish the squeezelite_mc on the minidsp OEM repo.

That would be really great.

Hello

I have the same problem now from volumio4. I get that error.
My plugin is ready and I am not able to find a solution to complete the submission process.
Can you please help me?

Thank you!

Hey @lelsteph,

Odd thought - perhaps mentioning plugin’s name will be a sensible thing to do?

Kind Regards,

2 Likes

Hello,

Yes sorry: roseaudiosys

Thank you Stephane

The plugin is owned by slelong@gmail.com
Do you use the same address for GitHub when you submit the plugin?

Hello

This must be a mistake, it should be slelong95@gmail.com.
How can this be updated?

Thank you!

Heya,
If I want to update a plugin with a new feature, does it mean that only the plugin’s original owner can “submit” it? So I just need to wait for him to approve the PR and release it?

I updated your the email address. You should be ok to submit now.
But the previous address was the one used by the owner submitter…

Hello
Thank you so much!
I just did it and it worked.

Let me know, it could simply be a numlock problem, I must have done it too fast :frowning:
When you look at the package.json, you can see: GitHub - lelsteph/volumio-plugins-sources-bookworm
From there, if you want to be re-assured, may be you can send an email and I will respond.
I can also send you by MP technical details and pictures on the roseaudio network player.

Thank you so much!

Stephane