Volumio 2 and brutefir

impulseleft_1.txt (479.4 KB) impulseright_1.txt (417.2 KB)

all your filters take up the same space, mine donā€™t. am I doing something wrong

I met no problem with your filtersā€¦ Length is 16384 and attenuation detected 7dB

now i can make filters with plugin tools.filters made with rephase do not give any sound. according to me it depends on the dac. really

What sample rate have you set in the plugin?
What is your Dac ?

Khadas tone board

rephase filter no sound
http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/ombiKU1.html

Please disable VoBAF and save

i thought it was an important function. deactivating it sounds, but intermittently. this is probably the fault of my error in the measurement options in rew. now i do it all over again. if you tell me that vobaf can remain off problem almost solved

VoBAF is a set of filters activated over Drc filters. VoBAF are switched according to the volume level to create a sort of loudness. The lowest the volume is set, the highest low frequencies are. No need to use it.

Most your test shows clipping. Enable clipping detection.

clipping detection is already activated. now i have to repeat the measurements. i donā€™t like how i saved them. there are different settings between left and right. Iā€™ll do some tests as soon as Iā€™m ready

now it works. in my opinion the best results are obtained with manual correction. but to get a flatter response possible, you have to make a lot of measurements in small steps. touching the curve in more points for more than 3 db means destroying the soundstage. thanks stutter for everything you do.

but do you think remeasuring and rectifying a curve many times causes degradation to the signal?

Donā€™t worry. Thereā€™s no problems with that. Having good filters often requires a lot of work and measurement. In any case, you still have one filter processing through brutefir.

now that the filters are working the speech becomes complicated. from the tests carried out I notice a strange thing. rephase does not correct where I want. to be sure I made a heavy correction on a single frequency, 700 hz, and it remained unchanged. the curve changes to other points. my microphone and mini dsp with calibration file. use only rta with sweep signal

Hello Balbuze,

I had to reinstall my volumio + BruteFIR since new streamer and DAC (Okto Research DAC8 Stereo). I downloaded latest Volumio and BruteFIR with wget.

Sorry to say, but new version of BruteFIR does not work to me;

1. At the end of the install script ā€œvolumio plugin installā€ it hangs and at the ā€œInstallation Terminatedā€ (or something like that) messages, it does not exit. I had to stop script after 5 minutes of waiting, so I donā€™t know if it was complete or not.

2. Volumio works well with the Okto Dac, but when I switch to BruteFIR no output audio at all. Okto DAC recognised by Volumio (as an USB DAC).

3. "Error with filter size
    Filter is not usable! Filter size must be power of 2! " message when FIR filter is longer than 262144. My 524288 long Rephase 32/64 bit float lines (txt) filters (worked well in a one year old BruteFIR version) causes this messages all time, same with *.dbl filters.

I tried lot of things and I donā€™t know how to continue, maybe I will reduce volumio-brutefir-config file content to the minimum required to get output music.

Do you have some advice what to check if no music on output ? I set up BruteFIR several times, about once each year :), but no idea now.

Thank you,
Istvan

Hi!
1- the problem comes from Volumio, not the pluginā€¦
2- have you tried to change the output format?
3- I need to add such long filtersā€¦
I try to Asap

1 Like

Yes, I tried all the output formats on UI.

I have added support for filter length 524288 :wink:

2 Likes