Volumio 1.4 for Cubietruck Feedback thread

1. on installation, I used windows’s instruction without any issue. FYI.
  2. Is it just me or it’s a bug: with kernel profile set to default and mixer type to hardware, output to spdif,
    volume dial does not work, any change in setting will get back to 100 immediately.

Other than that, great sounds!

Hi bal14,

Are you sure that your DAC support Hardware mixing ? All the DAC do not support this functionality (mine doesn’t for example).

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

“all the dac do not support?”
cubietruck i don’t know since I’ve giving it out as a gift to a relative.
Back to pi, I have been using hardware volume control for a while without problems…

2014-08-01 21 54 38.jpg

2014-08-01 21 55 16.jpg

Hi, everybody! I need some info, I hope someone can help me. I’m interested in the Cubietruck and the main reason is the I2S support, but I’m a little dumb with electronics. I read the HiFiDUINO web page about I2S support of the Cubietruck and the needed hardware modifications. I’m interested in Stereo I2S, so if I understood well, I need to desolder SMD resistor R183, R185, R187, R189, without doing anything else. Is that right or I have completely misunderstood?

That’s in my mind also.
I am not fascinated by the thought needing a microscope for soldering action :mrgreen:
I’m investigating another way to get I2S out of the truck. Without success till now.

Greetingz

You must remove 183,85,87,89 ;and either resolder to 182,84,86,88, but are resistors 0 Ohm So instead of putting resistors can be bridged with a wire or solder,I chose a very fine pieces of cable option,I tinned and once heated up,and check with a multimeter between the first point and welding CN9,you need a very good lens encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/imag … 4FCv_CdwR4 .

Thank you for helping me understanding :slight_smile: It seems a bit difficult and like metalrob I prefer searching another way for I2S in Cubietruck, if there is any. :mrgreen:

If you have in your city a electronic repairer well-appointed ,it will definitely make this operation,do you think there?request a pricing before :wink:

I’m using a cubietruck since today to replace my Raspberry Pi. Thank you very much for this wonderfull piece of software. You did a wonderful job.
All my music plays superb with MPD through my connected USB DAC (Musical Fidelity V-DAC II)
But I use LMS for years. So on my Rpi I l had Squeezelite installed on top of Volumio. That worked great.
I followed the same tutorial for the Rpi but that did not work out for the cubieboard.
Actually I can see the Volumio in LMS but no sound.
Can you please help?
Do you have a tutorial to install squeezelite on top of Volumio for the cubietruck?

Thanks again.
Willem

i connected the cubietruck in i2s with cat7 cable to my dac, it can play very well on 16-44khz-24-96khz-24-192khz file, but i am not able to play DSD files. If i connected the cubietruck’s USB port to “USB to I2S” to my DAC, at that moment, i can play the DSD. Can i play DSD in Cubietruck i2s with volumio?

I am replacing my Raspberry Pi. B with the CubieTruck. I had a Primare DAC30 connected to the USB port of Raspberry Pi and it worked fine. Now I want to do the same thing with the CubieTruck (Volumio v 1.4) but I dont get sound at all. I tried to change the Audio Output in the MPD Configuration to get it working for example with X20, but when I change the value and push the “Save Changes” button BUT I see nothing changed after all. Is that correct? Anyhow I would love to get some suggestions to get CubieTruck working with my DAC.

The most possible Reason , MPD wants to use the first Soundcard in the System.
Log into Volumio via SSH and look for the Number of your DAC. (The DAC has to be plugged in)

Type:
cat /proc/asound/cards

Now all detected Soundcards are listed, check and notice the number of your DAC.

Next you have to edit the mpd.conf:

sudo nano /etc/mpd.conf

Scroll down to the Section “audio_output” and change the line "device “hw:0” " to the number of your DAC.

(Save the File with Strg+X and 2x Enter)

After that you have to restart MPD, either via the Webinterface or by typing:

sudo service mpd restart

Notice, that every time you make Changes via the Webinterface “Setting” your mpd.conf has to be changed again.

Regards

Hi Alchemist,

[SOLVED] IT WORKED

Thanks for your input. I did what you said, only difference though i wrote "device “hw:3,0” instead of "device “hw:3” because in the file it stood like "device “hw:0,0” and i didnt know if i could delete the “,” between the “0’s”

Im a happy man, thx!