Tidal Hi-Res FLAC - Available (?) Now

I don’t like MQA
Qobuz Hi-res quality exceeds Tidal
I don’t like the price

Hi. Interesting, I thought hi-res FLAC files in both services are now the same (same master, same non-mqa file). It’s a pity Qobuz is geographically restricted. If it opens up in more markets I’ll definitely try it. How do they stand on royalties paid to artists?

1 Like

Will do as soon as I manage to replicate it. So far, its running great!

1 Like

Qobuz are supposed to be one of those paying the highest royalties, but since they are not as big as the other music streaming companies they are newer included in any comparisons - so hard to know if that’s correct.

No clue, I don’t run the financials for Tidal or Qobuz.

Hi,

Do you have problems with TIDAL after update tp 3.569 ?? Now TIDAL runs like old CD with broken laser.

Maybe I need new software for TIDAL plugin ??

Why post your problem in different places? If everyone starts doing this, the forum is going to be a mess.

Sorry, because I found this thread after put my. I will try to be better.

But problem solved … (in my thread)

“Perform a clean installation on a new SD card, not an update, and it should work as intended.”

Got it, errors sent.

After this update I’m getting really jumpy playback with Tidal Connect on 24bit 192kHz tracks (Africa by Toto was the first I found). Lower sample or bitrate tracks are working fine. I have tried a freshly flashed install and get the same results. Could this be due to running on a Raspberry Pi 3 b+?
Thanks

Pretty heavy on network (internet) that resolution.
I find it’s not really practical or necessary either (and have good 100/20 HFC connection but still buffers).

96kHz is good enough.

Is there a way to limit that either in Tidal or Volumio?

With Tidal the quality settings are low high or max, high is 16 bit, 44.1kHz (cd quality), no idea about volumio just look in the settings.

It’s fun testing a few but it shouldn’t select the 192kHz tracks by default you’d think, based on network quality too isn’t it?

Hi, @volumio . I have allo sparky with usbridge. Will I receive Hi-Res FLAC updates?

Update: now Hi-Res FLAC is also available in the native TIDAL integration in Volumio.

No need to update, just restart your device and you’ll have it in all its glory

5 Likes

"Hi, I want to ask if Volumio is having trouble connecting to Tidal and Qobuz services. Today, suddenly, it stopped searching in these services. I did a new installation to check if the problem wasn’t on my end, but it still doesn’t work on the new one. Thank you for your response.

Yes there is an outage going on in our infra.

See

https://status.volumio.com/

We are investigating

I just hope you manage to sort it out. Thank you for the quick response.

Meanwhile Tidal Connect still works.