The new simpler Volumio 3 Subscription plan

the new premium plan on volumio3

1 Like

Will there be a YouTube music plugin? I also subscribe to youtube/youtube music and would love to be able to play from youtube music.

There is/was one in V3 beta until yesterday ā€œYoutube2ā€ but it seems to have just disappeared. Hopefully back soon as it worked really well.

So I ā€œupgradedā€ from Virtuoso to Premium yesterday. Iā€™d been toying with upgrading to Superstar for a while because I wanted to get album/artist info so this seemed like a better way to get it. But now I find that whenever I try to get the album/artist ā€œstoryā€ it says itā€™s not available. Iā€™m exclusively using Qobuz. What exactly did I upgrade for?

oww, I will follow this closelyā€¦ Also using Volumio only because of Qobuz, this would be a no go for an upgradeā€¦

1 Like

I thought it would give me the same information that the Qobuz app does but alas it gives me nothing! Actually I tried the Artist Story on some music on my local server too and it also gives me nothing so maybe the whole feature is broken.

Volumio needs to implement music information and artist bio, better considering that this is a premium feature. A free plugin in LMS does this beautifully and a similar approach can be considered.

1 Like

@volumio

Think this needs to be answered by Volumio.
They use MusicBrainz to get this info.
If I Look in the Qobuz new releases, Artist Gabriels it shows ā€œArtist story not found for Gabriels.ā€
Even though there is a hit in MusicBrainz.

But lacks the Album ā€œBloodlineā€. I guess thatā€™s the reason it stays empty. As Volumio canā€™t determine which Gabriels is needed.

Exciting Volumio 3 coming soon. I am new to Volumio and enjoying.

Anyone know if the LMS Plug in will convey/work with V3? I use this quite a bit and a big reason (with Tidal Connect) I moved to Volumio. I understand it is up to the developer (thanks) of plug in.

Any feedback appreciated.

Hi,

Iā€™m looking forward to Volumio 3. But on the pricing of the new premiumā€¦ I have one pi running Volumio and the only non-free feature I need is Bluetooth integration. To pay 6.49 per month (or 4.99 if I pay for the year) for that is too much. Iā€™m currently on Virtuoso and 2.49 is ok for that functionality.

Or what if someone has only 1 pi running Volumio and just wants the Qobuz integration. In that case 6.49 per month is half the cost of the Qobuz subscription itself.

Just worried that the cost will put off people who want just one or two features on one device.

I do appreciate the vast amount of work it takes to build something like this, so Iā€™m not complaining, just observing that for some the cost will be too high for just one or two functions.

Dave.

4 Likes

I donā€™t use Qobuz generally, but I can access purchased albums/tracks trough Volumio. Album/artist metadata appears fine to me:

Are you sure that your device is logged in and enabled in MyVolumio?

Yes all logged in and enabled.

I was testing with the Volumio 3 beta though - maybe itā€™s not working properly in the beta yet? I downgraded to ver 2 and it was slightly better - showed some album info which was truncated, but when I tapped on ā€œread moreā€ or chose ā€œshow artist storyā€ I got an error telling me I had to have a Superstar account.

Went back to the beta and get precisely no info. again

And tapping artist story tells me itā€™s unavailable

Perhaps I need to post this in the Beta thread?

Hello,
what is happening with OEM hardware owners and their ā€œhardwareā€ subscription? Will there be an upgrade to V3? I am owning an Pro-Ject Streambox Ultra.

Best regards
Michael

1 Like

Please contact techsupport@volumio.org

OEMs with an active OEM agreement will receive Volumio 3 in Q1 2022

2 Likes

Hello,
My current plan indicates ā€œPremiumā€ which I just upgraded from Superstar. However, I canā€™t seem to access the Plug-in Store now, and when I try to ā€œSearch Pluginsā€, I get ā€œTo access the plugins you need to login to MyVolumioā€, so I did and I get the manifest requires a Volumio premium plan. So I logged into my premium plan and its back to the same message requireing I log into MyVolumio again. I just do not understand this MyVolumio thing, what am I doing wrong?

I had that at the beginning too. I had set a permanent ip address and when I went back to automatic IP in the network settings it worked. On my second system, reflashing the SD did the trick.

1 Like

Since you have signed up for Premium you have dedicated support available - look for My Volumio support, raise a ticket on this page Contact Us | Volumio

@SimonE, I have 2 set-ups as well and both were set to Static with the very same issue. However, now that I think about it, before I did set everything to static I was able to access the plugin store because my Roon Bridge plugin still shows up under ā€œinstalled pluginsā€ but now I canā€™t access the ā€œSearch Pluginsā€ since going static. Ok so Iā€™ll try going back to auto IP and see if that will work and if not, Iā€™ll reflash the SD cards.
@Wolfman74, I was hoping that I wouldnā€™t need to raise a support ticket but Iā€™ll do that if Iā€™m not successful with Simonā€™s suggestions.

Thank you both for the reply :slight_smile:

Iā€™m using single pi device and need only Tidal and BT integration.
With new pricing itā€™s totally not worth it.
I was using 2.x version and trial of Virtuoso, then Iā€™ve updated to 3.x, then my payment failed, wanted to cancel and buy again and what I see is only Premium plan for 2x the price.