Spotify doesn't display all albums

Hi,

Been running 2.873 on a Raspberry Pi for a few week and loving it! One issue I’m having with spotify is that I only see 50 of My Albums. I have many more. I looked for a “next page” link, but no luck.

Also when I search for an artist that has a lot of albums - like Dylan - I only see 20 if his albums. Again no “next page” link.

What am I missing?

1 Like

This is a limitation of the current plugin. Have a read at Spotify playlist not complete.

1 Like

:sob:

Sounds like they have been working on it for a while. Not a hard problem to solve. Bummer for sure.

Thanks for info though!

Same with Tidal…

Could you please be a bit more precise?
Perhaps you could share some system logs please?
Preferable from a fresh reboot, with minimal steps to reproduce the problem :slight_smile:
Note though, we have Christmas Season, so support slowed down a bit…

There seems to be a limit of 50 albums in the listing. E.g. with Klaus Schulze. Exactly 50 albums are displayed. But there are many more on Tidal. But the problem has existed for as long as I have been using volumio. I had hoped that it would finally be fixed in the latest version. But unfortunately not. Logfile comes later.
Greetings Andreas

Thanks, I’m sure it will get resolved.
Support comes later (as you wished), as you have not given details.
Obviously not top priority for you :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Thank you for the quick reply despite Christmas. In the past, the problem was really not that important because I mainly used Tidal Connect. The problem doesn’t exist there.Since volumio 3, the sound quality of Tidal Connect is worse than volumio (for whatever reason). Since the sound quality is very important to me, I now use the volumio ui again. Of course, the display of the complete albums would be very nice.
Andreas Kollboom

The limit is set in the index.js of the plugin, but updating this to a higher limit, will break the API.
The plugin follows the limitation to 50 from the API.
The only way to work around this is an update of the plugin with a next button that will update an offset with 50, so the next 50 tracks/albums can be shown.
so:
first load: 0-50
next: 50-100
next: 100-150

var authOptions = {
url: ‘https://api.spotify.com/v1/me/tracks?market=US&offset=50&limit=50’,
headers: {
‘Authorization’: "Bearer " + access_token,
‘Content-Type’: “application/json”,
‘Accept’: “application/json”
}
};