Severely tech challenged old guy needs help

dvo: if that’s for me, I copied from the user manual.

oke i will let it be … :slight_smile:

I can’t figure out how to get to system logs. I am in way over my head. I actually connected to the new network the first time I tried but the next time I tried to use volumio I was no longer connected. I have been unable to connect since.

Hi epetrillo, can you let us know where you have problems? We can’t help if you don’t give us as much information as possible. At what point in ashthespy’s post do you run into problems?

Hey,

It happens sometime that for some dark magic related reason I am also unable to connect to my own wifi and weirdly enough, a factory setting reset helped me recover from this:

1. First you to System menu
  2. The perform factory settings reset
  3. Your volumio will now act as a hotspot
  4. Connect to it using your phone/tablet/whatever
  5. Follow the configuration wizard

If this does not work, then I agree with what other said to you already. You must methodically explain to us what you did so far and at which point it starts failing so we make sure you covered the basics.

Also, if you use a wired connection, can you tell us if you successfully connect to the wifi in that configuration? It used to happen to me that while connected over Ethernet the wifi was working and as soon as I removed the cable… Bam!! No wifi anymore…

Another way to help you is for you to deal with one person only first, to make sure that the basics are covered. I volunteer if you are down to do this. Do not hesitate to private message me.

I am sure you will get though this at some point :slight_smile:

1 Like