Replay gain working with Volumio

According the first link I did share, it was in Volumio. No clue if they just renamed it?
No feedback from @Volumio yet.

Answering my own question … mpd supports “Volume Normalization” as well as Replay Gain tabs … this (the former) is what is toggled on/off with the option in the Volumio UI.

@Wheaten # Die Hard: Yippee Ki Yay M. ( ongolian ) F. (armer) and hit enter :rofl:

I don’t understand why it still isn’t implemented in Volumio settings. I see this request already in 2014?
All other music players (Roon, Rune audio etc.) have already fixed this. What’s the problem here?

it’s there only combined in volumio normalization switch…
all you do even Replay Gain will influence your music quality

But normalizer will influence my music quality; I don’t want that. I only want ReplayGain

@DVO,

Yippee Ki Yay M. ( islukte ) F. (irefox) and hit enter

@Benmuziek

You can’t manipulate audio levels without touching “quality”. The bit pattern will remain untouched, but you lower the amplitude.
The question is, are you even able to detect it, as the change is that minor (a few dB’s).

To test the audio impact of volume changes:

• put the software volume control on.
  • lower the audio level with 60dB
  • compensate by cranking the amplifier up

Now do the same, but lower the out by 5db. If you’re not biased you won’t now the difference.

Benmuziek, it appears that ‘Replay Gain’ is not directly supported (no UI control) in Volumio … that is a fact, and complaining about it doesn’t alter it. You were given a link earlier, and an explanation of how you can alter mpd.conf (mpd.conf.tmpl for persistance) from the command line to enable mpd to follow ‘replay gain’ tags.

Ok, will give it a go; Hope nothing goes wrong. Thx

other wise you can always alter you name in benmuziekloos …
(i don’t hope you have too )

You can for sure change your name in Dutch smartass :grinning:

hahaha @DVO we call you: slimbipsje

:laughing: :wink:

row row row the boat …ben ik al aan de beurt?

slimbipsje :joy:

ben net geen slimbipsje…

Well if it goes wrong you can simply reflash the SD:
And we can call you BenFlashGuru or BenEtcher

of bennognieklaar, bennogffbezig
hey jongens … benffweg benweerterug…

I wrestled with this a few years ago–I wrote up the instructions I followed here: