Raspberry Pi5 - NVMe M2 Boot (Pineberry Pi HatDrive!)

Ok, I will try this as soon as I got my nvme hat!

Thanks to you and @nerd

/C

For me the best way to transfer img to SD card /data/INTERNAL is WinSCP.

Before I boot from clean M.2 copy I use Backup/Restore plugin and saved my Volumio config.
I saved NowPlaying plugin config to.

Both config files (both are in data/INTERNAL) I transfered to my computer.

When I started from NVMe I copied this cfg one more time to /data/INTERNAL on disk. I installed all my plugin and use restore on NowPlaying and Backup/Restore plugjns.

With this I prepared fully functional for me Volumio in 2 minutes.

Yesterday, I broke Volumio copy and after reboot screen stoped on text login. Because I’m leazy, and didn’t want to open cover and put SD card inside, I used WinSCP to transfer 3.601 img to NVMe data/INTERNAL and… did the same command like for SD card. I was surprised that it works. I can prepare new copy on NVMe in 2 minutes… from NVMe, still siting on sofa

Thanks for explaining!

/C

If you want, Farnell has about 9500 pcs on stock and, price is 10% lover tnan regular. You can buy activ cooler for free :upside_down_face:

@eMCZe - I have created separate post for the development build here: Rasspery Pi 4B/5 USB or NVME boot

Happy hacking!

1 Like

I saw it !!! Great !!!

Anybody here that use this hat?

https://geekworm.com/products/x1001?variant=47920328900921

Best Regards / C

I’m running my test builds from this thread on the following Geekworm hats:

Happy hacking!

Thanks! Then I know they will work well.

Have a nice weekend

Regards / C

Hi Nerd!
Is it good habit with the Pi5 installing both Volumio OS and your music library on the same NVMe.
And if so, do I have to make partitions and how?

Hey Ettepet,
The current effort focuses on PCIe connect NVMe as main storage. As such, it does not change partition layout. Out of the entire NMVe, Volumio system uses south of 3GB, which leaves plenty of space for the music files.
You are welcome to open a feature request, to fit your required scenario.
Happy hacking!

Another advantage, apart from the additional PSU connector - accessory PCIe ribbons allowing you to connect the drive at different distances from the Pi.

Now I could mount Hat!Drive the way I want.

Hi together, I have also running my own compilation of Volumio that boot from nvme.
Thanks @nerd for the explantation.
The only problem wich I have is, the Spotify authorization is loose after reboot. If I disable the plugin and enable it at runtime the authorization works silently and I logged on without a new manual authorization.
It seems a timing problem at startup.
Have anybody the same issue?

Hi,

No need to re-authorization Spotify in my Volumio. I did it only one after instalation on NVMe.

I also had this problem yesterday and today again"raspberry pi 4"

Now I few times restarted system and Spotify is still logged.

When this happens, all I have to do is turn the Spotify plugin off and on and I’m logged in again.

yes, thats the same as for me.
Do you have made changes in squash file after the compilation?
Expand squash-file - change files and (copy kernel…) - compress squash file?
It’s needed to use the image with MyVolumio

1 Like

I use a raspberry pi 4 so in principle my problem does not belong here in this topic.
no, I have not changed anything in the file, the only thing I have changed is the dtoverlay dac.
no problem in previous OS,
but apparently this problem exists elsewhere too.

You need to ask @nerd . I use his copy.