Project with PeppyMeter Screensaver Plugin for VOLUMIO v2.9xx and 3.0xx buster

Thank you very much. It’s nice what you wrote

I have copied these over but they aren’t showing up in the pull down for Peppymeter

It’s hard to be a fairy. What did you copy, where did you copy, what monitor resolution?

@Gelo5

Here is my crystal ball to the rescue…

2 Likes

Good very good. I will use

Sorry, I thought I replied directly under the thread for custom (1920x1080).
I copied your 5 partx.zip files to /data/plugins/miscellanea/peppy_screensaver/peppymeter/custom_4 (1920x1080)**
Unzipped
Rebooted and when I bring up the settings for chapter4, they aren’t listed under VU meter settings. Just the original handful. Folder permissions look fine.
Here is a pwd and ls output.

Thank you.

Can you also share a screenshot taken from the peppy_meter plugin settings page?

Have you copied my settings in meters.txt?
According to your photo - you have not unpacked Prt3 and Part4 zip)

1. Extract 5 zip files on your computer.
    2.Copy images to:
    / data / plugins / miscellanea / peppy_screensaver / peppymeter / custom_4 (1920x1080)
    3.Open the file meters.txt on your computer (Part3 in zip)
  2. Copy all content to the ORIGINAL meters.txt.

If you just overvrite my meters.txt - you will have ONLY my skins
You don’t need to do a reboot (Just refresh)

Hi! Does anybody know if there is any work in progress to have Peppy meter screensaver and FusionDSP working together.
Cheers and have a nice weekend

Hi, no work in progress. 2aCD is currently fully occupied in his work. So we need to be patient.

Ok, thanks for info.

Hi everyone I am a Superstar Lifetime member new to this forum. Made a YouTube video showcasing the PeppyMeter screensavers created by very dedicated designers (thank you) in this forum. I like to share it and hope you guys will enjoy it. Volumio 3 + PeppyMeter Screensaver Demo (Lessons In Love)

1 Like

Hi everyone. I am a new member and new to Raspberry Pi 4 with Volumio.
I have a problem which I am hoping someone can help me with…
I am using external DAC (Topping D10s) and Volumio works fine. But when I activate Peppymeter, there is no sound.
(I did another install using Raspberry Pi 4 headphone output and Peppymeter worked fine.)

Any suggestions or instructions are welcome.
Apologies if this has been answered before… (I searched, but no luck)

You probably use FusionDSP …
They don’t like themselves

Hi. Thanks for the reply. No I do not. Only Spotify and Touch Screen plugins. The only difference between the 2 implementations is the sound output. One is set to external DAC and the other to Raspberry audio out. I also tested with audio files from a local shared drive.

How are you connected external DAC?
Via USB?
Do you have MIXER TYPE enabled in Playback Options?
If so - turn off (None) and check
Your DAC model is not on the Volumio (AUDIO OUTPUT) list.
Which driver are you using?

PS.@naimnatnod has a DAC Topping (top model), maybe it can tell you what its settings are

Hi!
I´m not able get Spotify to work with peppymeter. I changed output settings in

/etc/spopd.conf
/data/plugins/music_service/spop/spop.conf.tmpl

to:

[sox]
output_type = alsa
#output_name = ${outdev}
output_name = peppyalsa

as given by 2aCD in post 8 but it doesn´t work for me.

Any clue what to do?

I had the same with a khadas tone board.
what helped me was to set the mixer type under volume options to hardware or software or none…which exactly of those three options I don’t remember, just give it a try.

Thanks! I tried that but it didn´t work for me.
Regards/ C

dit you reboot after saving the settings.