Project with PeppyMeter Screensaver Plugin for VOLUMIO v2.9xx and 3.0xx buster

I connect my Topping D90mqa via USB. What’s your set up on this? - Volumio Options (under General Playback Options): Hardware or None? Try setting to “None”.

Try turning OFF the “Multiroom Playback” to see if it makes any different.

Andy

Edit: +RED for @eMCZe
Caltec 1480x320 RED.zip (65.7 KB)

1 Like

I love this 39G5 Signal Only Meter and 37G5 CalecOnly Meters :heart:

Awesome for my Ayon Triton logo.

I think that one beer will be not enough :beer:

Red looks really great!! It’s hard to capture it in a photo, but I’ve been playing on the red one for 2 hours and I’m still impressed.

1 Like

Hi together,
I investigated further, what is going wrong in some circumstances in combination of DSP - Spotify - PeppyMeter
Spotify reacts very sensitively to time-critical IO accesses in alsa pipeline. Both plugins use file IO operations (fifo) as input for DSP and PeppyMeter. The result is, Spotify stops, or meters have no smooth movement. For fusionDSP it is possible to use another connection method as fifo. To change this for peppyalsa, it’s very difficult.
I’ll speak with balbuze about a workaround which I found for fusionDSP.

1 Like

@2aCD Thanks.
@balbuze should be able to give you some pointers as he was working on Peppyspectrum.

Hi @Gelo5 Would you please upload 1280x800 resolution skins.

Thanks in advance

2aCD - Thanks for your tireless work. Just a comment. Problem exists for some even with no FusionDSP active. Hopefully whatever you guys come up with will correct the stoppage issue between Spotify and Peppymeter.
Thank you again.
Frank M.

OK, I finished scaling the 1280x400 and 1480x320 skins. I made 500 skins in total. I think at least one skin will fit your system.
@peppy.player - Thank you for your comments regarding anti-aliasing.
Now I’m waiting for the new version of peppymeter and peppyscreen (from @2aCD and @peppy.player)
Thank you to everyone who uses/test my skins.

6 Likes

All new OnlyMeters rulez !! Thank you.

Hello friends. I have a free account with volumio with peppymeter 1.3.9 and a Spotify premium account.
I have a big problem that I read other users have.
The tracks or playlists selected on Spotify (either directly on the Volumio plugin or from the Spotify Android app) skip continuously while a song is played.
So it’s impossible to listen to a full song .
However if i deactivate Peppymeter, Spotify don’t skip track and all goes well.
What solution is there for this problem.
Thank’s

Hi, this is a known issue with peppy meters in combination with Spotify.
As workaround do the follow things:
open the file:

/data/plugins/user_interface/peppy_screensaver/Peppyalsa.postPeppyalsa.11.conf.tmpl

and change in the follow section meter_show from 1 to 0

# scope for spotify (more level)
pcm_scope.peppyalsa_spd {
  type peppyalsa
  decay_ms 400
  meter "/tmp/myfifo"
  meter_max 150
  meter_show 0
}

Disable the PeppyMeter Screensaver and enable it again.
You can give me a response if it helps.

This is fixed in next version.

@2aCD i followed your istruction but unfortunately the issue remains.

Hi @Roberto_Grieco ,

Is your Mixer Type set to “None”?

Hi,

Just got myself a new screen -

10.4HP-CAPQLED - Waveshare Wiki

Please, any chance of skins for this display @1600x720?

Choose a skin from the 1920x1080 collection - I’ll make it for you to test.

Andy,
Just to close the loop with you, I tried all suggestions including Mixer to “None”. Still same issues. Sounds like 2aCD is planning to release another version in the near future so I’ll probably wait and see if something he changes affects my situation. Otherwise, I’m stepping back and taking a breath. Can’t continue to lose sleep over this thing. Thanks again for your helpful suggestions.
Frank

@naimnatnod My mixer type is set to “none”

1 Like

In my configuration the file is called Peppyalsa.postPeppyalsa.11.conf.tmpl not Peppyalsa.postPeppyalsa.5.conf.tmpl.
However the content of the file is the same,and i changed it as you show me.
But the issue of skipping tracks ,unfortunately, remains.