Pop when seeking in same track or changing tracks

Hello,

I’ve just started using volumio, with an IQaudio PiDac Pro, and have noticed that when changing tracks/or skipping portions of a track, a small pop noise can be heard. However, this does not happen when not using the I2S dac and using onboard audio. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone,

Just an update, it appears that this issue is due to hard muting/unmuting during the track change/skip process, however changing automute parameters in alsamixer do not seem to help. Playing around with soft muting (via GPIO), appears to resolve the issue (i.e. muting and unmuting when the pops would usually occur: #mute echo "22" > /sys/class/gpio/export echo "out" >/sys/class/gpio/gpio22/direction #unmute echo "1" >/sys/class/gpio/gpio22/value

Do we have any suggestions for implementing/automating this process to reduce the number of audio glitches? Thanks in advance!

Not sure if this can be fixed by the volumio team.
Problem is that it seems a specific DAC issue and on top of that, playing with gpio is platform dependent (we support more than just an RPi).
Your fix might be fine as a workaround, but we are trying to keep the core of the software generic.