[PLUGIN] YouTube2

Updated v1.1.2, which addresses this:

For unfortunate souls who installed a previous version and now has an unresponsive Volumio, you can try the following:

1. Wait and see if the issue clears itself. While appearing unresponsive, the plugin (more precisely, the underlying YouTube.js library) is actually trying to parse an YT authentication script. It will fail eventually but it could take many, many hours. Once Volumio becomes responsive again, uninstall the plugin immediately. Don’t try to disable and re-enable it or you would have to wait again.
  2. ssh into Volumio and run the following command to delete the youtube2 plugin folder, followed by restarting Volumio:
    rm -rf /data/plugins/music_service/youtube2 

To install the updated plugin from beta channel:

• Uninstall current version.
  • Enable Plugins Test Mode in http://<volumio address>/dev
  • Restart Volumio.
  • Find the YouTube2 plugin in the plugin store. Click the “Details” button under it and choose latest beta version to install.

Thanks @patrickkfkan. I was experiencing the issue and didn’t realize that it was caused by the Youtube plugin until I came here to see the post from @marlon_wolf and your response. Thanks for the quick resolution! I will give this new update a try.

Question: Is it possible in the future that changes on Youtube side could affect the plugin where it locks up Volumio again?

Yes, it is possible. It’s an ongoing fight.

On a serious note, something can probably be done within the underlying YouTube.js library to avoid the same thing happening again. I will discuss with the devs of that library and see if they will do anything about it.

:slight_smile: Thanks. The new version is working.

I have a premium account until August 2023. I turn on volumio and after the logo there is only a white screen. I switched main to WiFi and volumio started when wifi was not connected. I entered the password and again the white screen. Obviously something with the account. I’m trying to change to a free plan but it throws an error. Interestingly, the second raspberry device is the same - the same symptoms. Can’t I change my tariff plan or extend it?

If you have one of the YouTube plugins, please see this post.

But how to do it with a white screen? And without the computer seeing the IP address? Any commands?

I have the same problem. After updating the YouTube 2 plugin and rebooting. Only the white screen. There is no web access. SSH is working.

Both of my raspberrypis are down (3&4) and they are failing to boot (4 green light blinks). I had the plugin installed on both. I thought it was a card error so I burned a fresh image of volumio on a new card with no luck. Then I tried the same with 2 other new cards, then I also tried writing the cards from another computer- zero luck. The cards work fine if I burn them with raspbian and test, so no issues there. Is there something wrong with the volumio image available for download?

I’ve tried V3.449 on 2 rPi4’s without issues. So not sure what is happening.
Since you still can SSH, can you run the command:
sudo journalctl -f

and post the results?

I’ve wiped both cards with a fresh install of Volumio-3.449 and none seem to be booting. I can still SSH in- I didn’t think that was possible?

from raspbian I get this, but I dont think it will help

-- Journal begins at Wed 2023-05-03 01:36:11 BST. --
Jun 29 00:32:27 raspberrypi PackageKit[1267]: uid 1000 is trying to obtain org.f                                               reedesktop.packagekit.system-sources-refresh auth (only_trusted:0)
Jun 29 00:32:27 raspberrypi PackageKit[1267]: uid 1000 obtained auth for org.fre                                               edesktop.packagekit.system-sources-refresh
Jun 29 00:32:39 raspberrypi PackageKit[1267]: refresh-cache transaction /1_dadaa                                               eda from uid 1000 finished with success after 11976ms
Jun 29 00:32:43 raspberrypi PackageKit[1267]: get-updates transaction /2_cdcacab                                               a from uid 1000 finished with success after 3963ms
Jun 29 00:33:00 raspberrypi sshd[1407]: Accepted password for pi from fe80::7f65                                               :c9f7:f026:7805%wlan0 port 51854 ssh2
Jun 29 00:33:00 raspberrypi sshd[1407]: pam_unix(sshd:session): session opened f                                               or user pi(uid=1000) by (uid=0)
Jun 29 00:33:00 raspberrypi systemd-logind[451]: New session 4 of user pi.
Jun 29 00:33:00 raspberrypi systemd[1]: Started Session 4 of user pi.
Jun 29 00:33:17 raspberrypi sudo[1427]:       pi : TTY=pts/0 ; PWD=/home/pi ; US                                               ER=root ; COMMAND=/usr/bin/journalctl -f
Jun 29 00:33:17 raspberrypi sudo[1427]: pam_unix(sudo:session): session opened f                                               or user root(uid=0) by pi(uid=1000)
-- Journal begins at Wed 2023-05-03 01:36:11 BST. --
Jun 29 00:32:27 raspberrypi PackageKit[1267]: uid 1000 is trying to obtain org.f                                               reedesktop.packagekit.system-sources-refresh auth (only_trusted:0)
Jun 29 00:32:27 raspberrypi PackageKit[1267]: uid 1000 obtained auth for org.fre                                               edesktop.packagekit.system-sources-refresh
Jun 29 00:32:39 raspberrypi PackageKit[1267]: refresh-cache transaction /1_dadaa                                               eda from uid 1000 finished with success after 11976ms
Jun 29 00:32:43 raspberrypi PackageKit[1267]: get-updates transaction /2_cdcacab                                               a from uid 1000 finished with success after 3963ms
Jun 29 00:33:00 raspberrypi sshd[1407]: Accepted password for pi from fe80::7f65                                               :c9f7:f026:7805%wlan0 port 51854 ssh2
Jun 29 00:33:00 raspberrypi sshd[1407]: pam_unix(sshd:session): session opened f                                               or user pi(uid=1000) by (uid=0)
Jun 29 00:33:00 raspberrypi systemd-logind[451]: New session 4 of user pi.
Jun 29 00:33:00 raspberrypi systemd[1]: Started Session 4 of user pi.
Jun 29 00:33:17 raspberrypi sudo[1427]:       pi : TTY=pts/0 ; PWD=/home/pi ; US                                               ER=root ; COMMAND=/usr/bin/journalctl -f
Jun 29 00:33:17 raspberrypi sudo[1427]: pam_unix(sudo:session): session opened f                                               or user root(uid=0) by pi(uid=1000)

^ this is from a card that previously wouldnt boot volumio that I reimaged with raspbian

Please try the following:
Open a SHH to your rPi and enter:
node /volumio/logsubmit.js

And paste the url here:

http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/cqA3vzT.html

And please confirm, this is with the bare Volumio image, not with the youtube plugin. As this topic got a bit polluted.

http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/d8NhFu2.html

it seems your not running the latest stable release V3.449, but trying to upgrade to V3.512.

Seems you have connectivity issues, try only a wired connection:

WARNING!!! Some remote endpoints cannot be reached!

Jun 29 08:56:51 volumio1 dhcpcd[868]: wlan0: adding address fe80::e65f:1ff:feb9:4e14
Jun 29 08:56:51 volumio1 dhcpcd[868]: ipv6_addaddr1: Permission denied
Jun 29 08:56:51 volumio1 dhcpcd[868]: wlan0: carrier lost

And you installed:
“ytmusic”
“ytcr”

Both @SimonE and @Wolfman74 already redirected you to the plugin author.

@Andron66 , I see you also have YT Music installed? Did you update that as well? Both YT and YT Music plugins were affected.

I updated the system to V3.512. And updated YouTube 2 only. I made the update on two Pi4 . And both went to the white screen after the reboot. I didn’t have time to update anything else.

That explains why you’re still getting the white screen. You need to update YT Music in the same way as YouTube2.

Both updated youtube music plugins have been published to stable.

If someone of you enabled plugin test mode:
PLEASE DISABLE PLUGIN TEST MODE

@patrickkfkan can you get in touch with me via PM? Thanks