[PLUGIN] YouTube Music

Happened again with same playlist, this time on track 10 out of 30. I started the playlist again from the YouTube playlists. Here is the log.

Regards,

Thanks for the logs. The 2nd one captured some errors related to browsing, but that shouldn’t matter for the time being.

What is strange is that both logs do not indicate an error of any sort when playback failed to continue to the next song. It is as though the queue just reached the end.

Could you disable all other plugins and see if that makes a difference? Also, disable Autoplay, Prefetch and Prefer Gapless in the plugin settings.

Also spotted an (unrelated) issue with prefetch not being called by Volumio. But I’ll leave that for another day…

I have done as you suggested and will report back.

In case it helps, here is another log from my other device, where it stopped after the fourth track out of twenty seven. This is the one I have turned off all plugins. Both devices have identical software and plugins (except for the RPi device, this has a 3B+ and the other a 4) but I use his one daily as it is in my living room.

Thanks for checking …

Stopped at track two http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/ZxJaPwV.html restarted it and it stopped again http://logs.volumio.org/volumio/uw8U3BD.html

YouTube doesn’t like me :frowning_face: :cry:

I could not reproduce the problem you are having. I left YouTube playing overnight and it has been playing for at least 10 hours non-stop (looping the entire “Presenting Stevie Ray Vaughan” playlist).

One more thing though, do you have PeppyMeter installed? I did find that, with Peppy in the audio pipeline, playback fails at some point along the way. I had to actually restart Volumio to be able to play anything again.

If you can SSH into your Volumio, could you also do this:

$ tail -f /var/log/mpd.log

Let’s see if the output captures anything useful at the point when playback fails to continue.

Could it have to do with my install? I keep getting an error when I try to uninstall the plugin (see earlier post). Tried just now and got the error again, here is the log file. I have tried to delete the ytmusic plugin folder and reinstalling but it hasn’t helped before. I will re-flash the SD card and install just this one plugin and see if it works any better.

Thank you for your help, I will keep you posted …

OK Did a fresh install of Volumio and have just the YouTube plugin installed - nothing else at all. Tried a new playlist and it stopped through the first track. This time I was watching the output of tail -g /var/log/mpd.log and this is what I got:
Jun 25 17:26 : zeroconf: No global port, disabling zeroconf
Jun 25 17:26 : client: [0] opened from local
Jun 25 17:26 : client: [1] opened from local
Jun 25 17:26 : client: [0] opened from local
Jun 25 17:26 : exception: No such directory
Jun 25 17:26 : client: [1] opened from 127.0.0.1:33742
Jun 25 17:26 : exception: Failed to read mixer for ‘alsa’: no such mixer control: PCM
Jun 25 17:26 : client: [2] opened from 127.0.0.1:33746
Jun 25 17:27 : client: [1] closed
Jun 25 12:27 : client: [2] closed
Jun 25 12:28 : zeroconf: No global port, disabling zeroconf
Jun 25 12:28 : client: [0] opened from local
Jun 25 12:28 : client: [1] opened from local
Jun 25 12:28 : client: [2] opened from 127.0.0.1:33756
Jun 25 12:28 : client: [3] opened from 127.0.0.1:33760
Jun 25 12:28 : exception: Failed to read mixer for ‘alsa’: no such mixer control: PCM
Jun 25 12:29 : client: [2] closed
Jun 25 12:29 : client: [4] opened from 127.0.0.1:33784
Jun 25 12:29 : client: [5] opened from 127.0.0.1:33788
Sep 28 15:13 : client: [3] closed
Sep 28 15:13 : client: [4] closed
Sep 28 15:20 : exception: Failed to open mixer for ‘alsa’: no such mixer control: PCM
Sep 28 15:20 : client: [6] opened from 127.0.0.1:33936
Sep 28 15:24 : alsa_output: Decoder is too slow; playing silence to avoid xrun
Sep 28 15:25 : alsa_output: Decoder is too slow; playing silence to avoid xrun
Sep 28 15:26 : alsa_output: Decoder is too slow; playing silence to avoid xrun

Started the next track icon and it played couple of more tracks and then gave the same error messages, here is the log.

I normally play either web radio or local music files and I do not get this issue at all, so I hope this means something to you.

Thanks again …

These errors could be due to the decoder not receiving stream data fast enough to process and push out to the audio output. I suspect you have a slow / faulty / unstable network connection since you’re getting these errors on both your devices, whereas I didn’t get any in my tests on x86, rpi3b and rpi4.

Increasing “Buffer Time” in Playback Options might help, but no guarantees. I would first restart my router and use / change Ethernet cables connecting to the Volumio device.

I don’t think the network is the issue here as I have a 300 MB fiber hookup with actual upload/downloads around 380MB. The router is WiFi6 and I have restarted it and even had the Volumio box directly hooked up to the Ethernet port with no change in behaviour. As for playback options I have the largest buffer size set:

Maybe it has to do with my using the RPi headphone output without an I2S DAC so I just ordered one to check out that aspect. I have never used one before as I haven’t had any issues with web radio or the other Volumio plugins like Pandora and so on.

Thanks again for taking the time to check on my issues with the plugin. Having retired after some forty years in IT support, including couple of decades as CIO at multiple educational institutions (hence the HeadGeek handle :grinning:) I know how difficult it is to diagnose issues when you’re not “on location”.

Regards,

1 Like

The reason I suspect it’s a network issue is because I used the same settings as yours on my rpi 4 with headphone output.

This is a tough one…

Agreed :frowning_face: I will report back after I set it up with the IQaudio DAC Pro, which is on its way.

This is the current system probe output for my Rpi3B primary unit.

I wish to report that after re-flashing the SD card for the Rpi4B Volumio and reinstalling all plugins I had before, everything is working as it should, including the YouTube plugin. I can now play any playlist all the way through without any of the alsa_output errors noted above.

Chalk it down to gremlins and/or user error. Thanks again for your patience through this and for your outstanding work on the multiple plugins.

Regards,

1 Like

really nice plugin with easy login.

Sometimes youube music does not login than I need to reboot.

You should not need to reboot. Just disable + enable the plugin.

1 Like

Hi,

Just installed Volumio 3.616 (Raspberry Pi 3) and installed Youtube & Yt music plugins. Both signed in succesfully, but when i try search something i got this message: “Error, No results”. Cannot browse my library either. So, am i doing something wrong or is there wider problems with those plugins?

Thanks

Have the same issue, on my Volumio 3.601 with Youtube Music 0.2.2 plugin. Turning the plugin off/on says “Signed in successfully” but when trying to access any topic in the plugin I get “Error No results”

Yes getting same error with YouTube Music 1.0.0 plugin. Was working earlier.
Logs

Appears YT made some changes. Will look into this.

4 Likes

Resolved for now in v1.0.1, currently in beta channel of plugin store.

3 Likes