[PLUGIN] Radio Paradise

There is no way.
The plugin always worked correctly, I just updated Volumio before the problems start.
Now I burned a new SD with Volumio 2.502, installed everything from scratch, changed the index.js and followed the problem.
Send sudo journalctl -f, if you have a suggestion of what to review, I will be grateful.
Thank you for your attention, I understand that if you can not replicate the failure, a solution is impossible, but you may think to look.
regard

https://pastebin.com/CtXwu6F7

With Chrome, in new.radioparadise.com/player, Flac mode, it also desynchronizes and the transmission is cut, you have to refresh the browser.
Now try with Firefox.

I thought I had this problem sorted out but it seems to have returned. My fix back in July was to use my wireless connection rather than the wired connection that seemed to fix the issue. I assumed it must be an isolated instance related to my network configuration.
The problem returned around the first of the year. Now it stops on both the wired and wireless connections after a few songs.
I’ll be glad to post the logs if anyone has an interest in looking at them.

Hi Marco, RP transmits 4 different channels, the info of each channel is obtained by adding the variable chan = 0 (default), chan = 1 (Mellow), chan = 2 (Rock), chan = 3 (Groovy)
The link for the info would look like this:
api.radioparadise.com/api/get_b … rue&chan=1
It could be implemented in the RadioParadise plugin, by the way we see if in the other channels it has random cuts.

regard

Haha, they’re going to laugh at my knowledge, but I changed the line
var rpApiBaseUrl = ‘https://api.radioparadise.com/api/get_block?bitrate=4&info=true’;
by
var rpApiBaseUrl = ‘https://api.radioparadise.com/api/get_block?bitrate=4&info=true&chan=1’;
in the index.js file of the plugin and now I listen to RadioParadise Channel Mellow!
I insist, it would be very good to be able to listen to all the RadioParadise channels, I do not have enough knowledge to do it, I’m still waiting for the contribution of the community.
On the other hand, there are also random cuts in that channel, unfortunately at least for me, this problem continues.

Hello everyone & I’m a relative newbie to all this digital stuff. I built the raspberry pi 3b+ Allo Signature combo and it sounds great! I’ve just installed the plugin for Radio Paridise, searched out RP from the Web Radio window and chose to play it. However, my Volumio window doesn’t indicate What format is playing (do I have volumio incorrectly configured?) and I’m not seeing four different genre options within my list of choices; what am I doing wrong?

Help! lol

Thanks,

John

If you use the first option, FLAC, in the Volumio display, indicates that it is Flac and puts 44khz, 16b.
In fact this is the best option.
Regarding the genres, I suppose you mean the 4 RP channels. We are trying to see if it can be added to the plugin.
regard

Hello Daniel & what do you mean by the first option? How do I find the Flac mode?

Thanks,

John

Hi John, Install the RadioParadise Plugin, then go to plugin, in the plugin installed tab, RadioParadise activate it.
Go to Browse, Home, Radioparadise, there you will see all the playback options.
At this moment some users of the RP Flac plugin have a problem, after a few minutes of operation, the transmission is cut, we have to play again. It would be interesting to check if you have the same problem.
regards

Hello Daniel &

Thank you for the clear instructions, they worked perfectly! I’ve been listening to the flac stream for five minutes now, should be ok … will keep fingers crossed!

Thank you,

John

I made an update to the plugin.

Version: 1.05
Changelog: It’s now possible to choose from the four different radio streams both FLAC and 320 kbps AAC:

• Main
  • Mellow
  • Rock
  • Groovy

If you‘d like to test it please install it manually.

To download and install the update, ssh into your Volumio machine and then run

[code]wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/marco79cgn/volumio-plugins/radioparadise-105/plugins/music_service/radio_paradise/radio-paradise.zip

mkdir ./radio_paradise

miniunzip radio-paradise.zip -d ./radio_paradise

cd ./radio_paradise

volumio plugin install[/code]
:arrow_right: I already created a pull request. As soon as it gets verified, you can download the update from the GUI as well.

Changing “bitrate=3” and chan=(1 to 4) we have the different channels in aac320k
Example for Mellow
api.radioparadise.com/api/get_b … rue&chan=1

I updated the plugin and added the four mixes in AAC 320kbps as well.

You can install it by following the instructions above.

@danielfelix
You can check whether you have interruptions with the 320kbps mixes as well.

There is no change when installing the plugin, the modifications are not seen, follow version 1.0.5
Maybe the instructions are wrong, they are the same as the previous version.

Yes they are there, I even downloaded the zip manually beforehand in order to double check.

You can check it yourself by downloading the file, unuzipping it and verifying that the modification date of both index.js and radio_stations.json is from today 11:39 o’clock.

Of course the instructions are the same since git is a versioning system - the underlying file(s) have been changed, the link stays the same. See here.

Perfect, I let 320aac work to see if it does not cut.
One detail is that it continues to indicate that it is an emission in Flac, that should change.
I can not get the problem to be in the plugin, yesterday I tried doing

mpc add https: \ / \ / audio-3.radioparadise.com \ / blocks \ / chan \ / 0 \ / 4 \ /1818533-1818538.flac? src = alexa mpc play 1
and it is also cut.
I also checked the space available in the SD.
I think there is something in the way of processing from the mpd part of the flac files.
Thanks for your effort, at night I tell you about the operation.

Nope it’s not, I made sure that this won’t happen. This is most probably a caching issue with your Browser. Try to force a refresh.

Yeah I’m pretty sure it is related to mpd, probably in combination with slow/erroneous stream transmission, that’s why I asked for your config and your version.

You could try to run a

ping audio-3.radioparadise.com

then let it run for about a minute, cancel it and post the result. In my case it looks like this:

Estadísticas de ping para 23.29.117.2:
Paquetes: enviados = 42, recibidos = 42, perdidos = 0
(0% perdidos),
Tiempos aproximados de ida y vuelta en milisegundos:
Mínimo = 178ms, Máximo = 191ms, Media = 181ms

ohohoho this changes everything!
It is also cut in AAC320k !!!
Two verified cuts, in volume / dev I see that it is actually the aac channel:
Gregory Alan Isakov - AmsterdamRemove
Service: radio_paradise Uri: img.radioparadise.com/covers/l /B00D45PDE6.jpg

or will the plugin be working wrong and raise the flac emission? remember that I continue to indicate that it is flac emission so renew the browser.
How can I see the link that it plays?

Let’s discuss this in the other topic please.